Enable Fanart?
So I just updated to XBMC 11.0 and now all my fanart background is gone for all my movies. I use a Windows platform (Win7) and I use Media Center Masters to get my background images.

Where do I go and enable XBMC to "look" again for the backgrounds and to use them? I have been looking around, but nothing pops out at me. I also tried refreshing the sources, but no go.

I do have the movie covers for each movie, but just the background fanart is not on. I am using "Backrow"
hmm, not sure, did you go into backrow settings and make sure that fanart is enabled?
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
Yes, it is enabled
How are the named?
Under XBMC 10.1 with Media Center Masters, they were;

Thumb = folder
Fanart = backdrop
folder.jpg / fanart.jpg is what XBMC expects.

You can change either via advancedsettings.xml (wiki)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@tcman47 - Just to make sure I am looking at the same thing you are mentioning, where is this "enable" option you mentioned?

@Hitcher - Mistake, here is what is in my movie folders

Thumb = folder.jpg
Fanart = movie name (year)-fanart.jpg

So example, the movie "Predators" has the files as:

Thumb = folder.jpg
Fanart = Predators (2010)-fanart.jpg

@jmarshall - I do have my userdata settings and files backed up from version 10.1, however, I do not see an "advancedsettings.xml" file in there. And version 10.1 had the fanart working in the background when I was in the "Movie" section. Not sure if this matters, but I can go to each movie, right click, select "Movie Information" and if I hover over the button "Get Fanart", it shows the fanart picture. It is the exact one in the movie folder like the above example, Predators.

I also just realized that the same thing is going on with my T.V. Shows. The "Thumb" is showing but not the background fanart.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll be waiting to here from all of you.
The "advancedsettings.xml" is a user created file. XBMC has a nice habit of showing the video folder thumbnail even if it's wasn't scarped.

But for the sake of simplicity... let's check if you have your movies scraped into the library....(because it sounds like you don't)

-pick a movie in your collection from memory, do a search using the XBMC search tool and see if it pops up? Close the search tool.
-open video files, and see if you can find it.... with the movie infocus, hit the 'I' key (information)... does it pop up?, scrape?, nothing?

3rd Party media managers (like MCM) collect all the data needed...then they throw it into the individual movie folders; but this data still needs to be scraped into the library... by XBMC. To rescape the lot.... go to change content, make sure your settings are appropriate and toggle automated scan.

Check the wiki's on how to scrape... if needed.
@PatK

step 1, yes found movie during search
step 2, yes, once I was on the same movie, I pressed "I" and the information screen shows up. All information was there, how many stars, movie time, synopsis, trailer button and trailer worked, fanart button and hovered over it and fanart appears.

But I saw something strange, it happened really quick. When I hovered over the movie and then pressed "I", for a split second the fanart appears right before the information screen appears. In the information screen however, I can see the fanart in the dark background, behind the informational items.

So I went back to the "Movie" section and then selected another movie. I hovered over it and pressed "I" and again, the same thing. The fanart appears, the information screen appears, but in the darken background I can see the fanart

step 3, went to "Video" and then "Change Content", set settings and retried. Still same

Hopefully this helps to figure out what's going on.
You know, something is not right or I am doing something wrong. I went to my other HTPC which has version 10.1. Now in that one, if I go to "Settings" then "Skin Options", then go to the "General" tab, under that there is an option called "Lock Views in Place (Kiosk Mode).

If I turn that off, then go to "Movies" and if I hover in the middle a pop appears and one of the options is "Enable fanart". But when I go to my other computer with the new version of XBMC and I go to the same area and turn off the same option (Kiosk Mode) then go to the "Movie" area, I hover in the middle, but the pop window does not appear.

Is there a key stroke to bring this up?
Okay, I give up, where is the small pop up window when "Kiosk Mode" is enabled? Anyone?
Okay, I give up, where is the small pop up window when "Kiosk Mode" is enabled while in the Movie listing? Anyone?
You're not crazy that's for sure. I just loaded xbmc and all my fanart was missing. It's still on my file system but doesn't display in xbmc. Also noticed I was missing sources for a couple things but they were still in the library. And the final thing I was missing was the ability to add a source. Not sure what's going on.
wow. also just noticed if I go to view my movie collection... then navigate to the main menu and go to view my tv shows.. it takes me back to my movie collection. so many bugs all of a sudden!
Well, now I know I am not crazy. Just loaded another skin and all my fanart appears. So looks like Back Row has a bug in it. I used the "Transparency" skin and the "Confluence" skin and all my fanart appears in the background.

Who do we talk to now to get this fixed in the "Back Row" skin?
Crap. I didn't want to hear that. I'm using aeon mq3 and ran into this issue. So not entirely sure yet it is a skin issue.
Backrow has the same no Fanart Glitch for me.

Any coders offer some advice pleaseHuh?

Really would like to see fanart with Backrow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable Fanart?0