cancelling operation while stuck on "Working..."
Hi.
There is a question that bothered me for a long time: is there a way to cancel an operation (for example, choosing a video channel or a webdav source) while xbmc is stuck on a "working..." popup ?
Thanks.
Try one of these buttons:
ENTER ESCAPE RETURN
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-26, 17:44)Martijn Wrote: Try one of these buttons:
ENTER ESCAPE RETURN

do you really think i posted this question before trying the obvious ?
(2012-03-26, 17:53)biGdada Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 17:44)Martijn Wrote: Try one of these buttons:
ENTER ESCAPE RETURN

do you really think i posted this question before trying the obvious ?

I'm a member of Team XBMC and I didn't notice I could do this until about a week ago. I believe the behavior has changed between v10 and v11, so in v11 you can successfully back out of "working...".
[quote='Ned Scott' pid='1056629' dateline='1332783645']
[quote='biGdada' pid='1056475' dateline='1332777224']
[

"you can successfully back out of "working..."

With which of the three? I usually have to kill xbmc.bin. What's actually in the code? Is there a timeout? Repeat try count? Loop with keyboard/remote interrupt?
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Perhaps that plugin is not correctly written so you can't break off the working
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-27, 00:14)Martijn Wrote: Perhaps that plugin is not correctly written so you can't break off the working

i thought it should override plugin behavior, sort of "kill" the plugin. well, never mind.
(2012-03-27, 00:14)Martijn Wrote: Perhaps that plugin is not correctly written so you can't break off the working

Assuming the user hasn't setup and external player doesn't XBMC core take over once the play command is issued..even in a plugin? I actually can't remember ever having this issue playing a video file but it has happened a few times while opening streams.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
For those with the gyros remotes, turn off the box via the power button, wait 30 seconds, turn it back on and in about 10 to 30 seconds it will cancel itself.
XBMC 13.2. Doesn't work. Stuck on "Working" and no way to cancel the damn thing.
Still no fix in 14.2 (and wasn't in 15 RC)

this is the most annoying bug and can't figure out how is it still out there...

when someone presse ESC or RETURN, it should interrupt anything and return to the previous menu.
Sometimes Kodi (or more correctly, some plug in) is waiting for response from a remote resource, and it simple hangs there... sometimes even the "Working" spinning indication is not even showed...

Eventually it will release and get back to normal. but, cancelling this operation (instead of waiting for timeout, or more in some cases), should be top priority.
If it's an add-on then there's not much we can do about it. There's no universal interrupt in Kodi, so you are at the mercy of the add-on author adapting their add-on for this.
C'mon Kodi should do something about it.
I personally don't like Add-ons taking control of my system. You can't allow that.
Yes, eventually we want a universal kill switch for that kind of thing, but for the short term you should also bug add-on authors if add-ons are holding up the system.
Any plans to make a kill switch in Jarvis its really annoying when you open a stream and the 'working' keeps going endlessly in circles. Escape button does not work and if I press x on my keyboard the system hangs I usually need to reboot my android box. Hope this does not corrupt my configuration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cancelling operation while stuck on "Working..."0