ATV2 + Eden B3 is good - Upgrade or not?
ATV2 running Eden B3 has been pretty smooth. Have not seen any random crashed yet. With B1, XBMC would sometimes just quit and you get booted back to the ATV home screen. With B3 installed, I haven't seen this yet. Has anyone updated from B3 to the latest version and can give feedback? May just keep B3 if things work well. What is missing from B3 as compared to latest release?
i upgraded one box yesterday...no issues so far, but i never had the issue you mentioned above
avi, mkv, m4v all played fine, no stuttering over 802.11g with nfs or smb

i didn't notice anything different (I mostly just stream TV shows and Movies from my NAS), but like you b3 was working great for me...typically i don't bother to upgrade unless something breaks (like an add-in), or there's a new feature i need - I did it yesterday just to see if there was anything noticeable in the final
I upgraded from B3 too yesterday. no Problems, works very well Smile
I upgraded 2 machines weeks ago to RC2 and no issues except my home movies in ISO format would constantly buffer. Movies in ISO were fine so I decided to update to RC3 with Nito and now it won't boot. No idea what happened but having to start over. Decided to leave other AT2 alone on RC2.
RC3??
I'll check the numbers. I may be off but thought it was going from 2 to 3. Whatever it was, Nito said there was an update and on startup it was NOT saying beta before the update. Bottom line is system died on first reboot.
I steered away from Nito TV and did a raw install of just XBMC. Patched ATV so it won't try to update itself. Love this setup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 + Eden B3 is good - Upgrade or not?0