[RELEASE] cinemassacre.com
(2015-02-16, 20:58)cyablo Wrote: 19:51:05 T:140712094787456 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [http://video1.screenwavemedia.com/Cinema...ylist.m3u8]

Not sure why your Kodi thinks that the playlist file is an "unplayable item". It plays just fine on my Kodi 14.1. I can also play the URL in VLC, no problems. Please try again, try other AVGN videos and OS platforms, and post your results here.
Does not seem to update anylonger.
First of all, thanks for this great addon. Here's hope someone still maintains this, it stopped working for me in Kodi 15 Beta1 (Linux/Kodibuntu). When trying to open for instance -All videos sorted by date- I get a crash, see log:

Code:
22:21:46 T:140499914581760  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
22:21:46 T:140500669626112  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
22:21:46 T:140500669626112  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:21:47 T:140500669626112  NOTICE: plugin.video.cinemassacre: http://cinemassacre.screenwavemedia.com/AppServer/SWMAppFeed.php?appname=Cinemassacre&appversion=1.5.8&devicetoken=b8679732a8d8d6e2e4c087b386445e7ffadd67565ca70c00792eae8ce79d28ca&deviceuid=B298096D81EB1B2A3033445720AE021C70F39545&lastupdateid=0&timestamp=2015-05-29T22:21:47.000Z&signature=PRht+yvd98jxAQr/MekTs7vrMrw=
22:21:50 T:140500669626112   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('v',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/edward/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cinemassacre/default.py", line 139, in <module>
                                                getCategories(content, id)
                                              File "/home/edward/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cinemassacre/default.py", line 112, in getCategories
                                                url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid="+video_id(url)
                                              File "/home/edward/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.cinemassacre/default.py", line 46, in video_id
                                                return p['v'][0]
                                            KeyError: ('v',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
22:21:50 T:140501679368128   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.cinemassacre/?id=all
22:21:50 T:140501679368128   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.cinemassacre/?id=all) failed
22:21:50 T:140500669626112  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
I've already submitted an update, waiting for it to be accepted. Please check back later.
This year's monster madness doesn't work at all -- it detects only 2 videos out of 12 and when you click them, it starts playing some other video
The plugin uses the same feed as the official cinemassacre mobile app, and according to Mike the app has recently been discontinued (even though it's still sold on the App Store):

https://twitter.com/mike_matei/status/61...9278110720
(2015-10-13, 02:16)zolcos Wrote: This year's monster madness doesn't work at all -- it detects only 2 videos out of 12 and when you click them, it starts playing some other video
I'm seeing this too, currently with 15.2 on Ubuntu. Problems began some months ago and have got steadily worse since, arguably this add-on should be marked broken for the time being.
In addition to videos not being listed and a different one being substituted, a listed one can fail to play anything (possibly a variant manifestation of the substitution issue.)

(2015-10-13, 02:20)nermal Wrote: The plugin uses the same feed as the official cinemassacre mobile app, and according to Mike the app has recently been discontinued (even though it's still sold on the App Store):

https://twitter.com/mike_matei/status/61...9278110720
This is very probably the cause. Presumably the feed is no longer maintained, so it's increasingly inaccurate / outdated, and may disappear altogether at some point.

I'm going to attempt fixing it: https://github.com/Implying/plugin.video.cinemassacre
I have a rough design sketched out based on screen scraping, basically replicating what a browser does up to the point where an MP4 stream URL can be obtained. This is significantly more complicated than using the feed, so it's going to take a while. Amongst other things it will need to cache video listings, otherwise the potential exists for it to accidentally DDoS Cinemassacre into the ground ...
(2015-12-04, 09:41)bob_h Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 02:16)zolcos Wrote: This year's monster madness doesn't work at all -- it detects only 2 videos out of 12 and when you click them, it starts playing some other video
I'm seeing this too, currently with 15.2 on Ubuntu. Problems began some months ago and have got steadily worse since, arguably this add-on should be marked broken for the time being.
In addition to videos not being listed and a different one being substituted, a listed one can fail to play anything (possibly a variant manifestation of the substitution issue.)

This is unrelated to Ubuntu or the plugin itself. The URLs in the cinemassacre app feed simply point to the wrong videos or nowhere at all. All the older videos (older than about 6 months) are still working well and are pointing to the right URLs.

The iOS app is showing the exact same behaviour: all the latest videos don't play or show the wrong clip. It is based on the same (official) feed as the Kodi plugin. Pretty disappointing for those who paid for the app.

(2015-12-04, 09:41)bob_h Wrote: I'm going to attempt fixing it: https://github.com/Implying/plugin.video.cinemassacre
I have a rough design sketched out based on screen scraping, basically replicating what a browser does up to the point where an MP4 stream URL can be obtained. This is significantly more complicated than using the feed, so it's going to take a while. Amongst other things it will need to cache video listings, otherwise the potential exists for it to accidentally DDoS Cinemassacre into the ground ...

I'm looking forward to your new plugin. In the meantime I'm using the existing plugin to watch the last 7 years of James's work again. For the latest stuff I just go on Youtube.
(2015-12-05, 03:45)nermal Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 09:41)bob_h Wrote:

This is unrelated to Ubuntu or the plugin itself. The URLs in the cinemassacre app feed simply point to the wrong videos or nowhere at all. All the older videos (older than about 6 months) are still working well and are pointing to the right URLs.

The iOS app is showing the exact same behaviour: all the latest videos don't play or show the wrong clip. It is based on the same (official) feed as the Kodi plugin. Pretty disappointing for those who paid for the app.

Yeah that was my understanding, I didn't mean to imply the code itself was broken. The only thing I've noticed so far is that its dependency on the YouTube plugin (default.py line 103) doesn't seem to be explicitly declared anywhere? Obviously YouTube is going to be one of the first video add-ons 99.9% of people install anyway though, so if that is a bug it's a pretty minor one.

I'm choosing to blindly assume the app feed died due to something like them not having as much control over it as ScreenWaveMedia promised. Whatever the facts might be I'd rather not know, the topic seems like a guaranteed flamewar starter ...
This app is completely broken for me now. Using Isengard. Stopped a few weeks ago. I know the Youtube Plugin is no longer supported by it's dev, and had some issues as well, but that seems to work now. Cinemassacre has always giving view issues with page 1 being blind clicks.

So, is this one done? Is there hope for it linking to the site again or do I delete it and save a square of space?
Yes. Screenwave Media has now turned off the feed, http://cinemassacre.screenwavemedia.com/ is gone. The iOS app is also broken, no videos are playing.

That is the end of this plugin implementation, you may delete it. Hopefully we will see a new implementation one day.
(2012-12-16, 18:40)Alethenorio Wrote: I have fixed 2 of the issues with the addon not loading urls which may fix most videos (Tested a few randomly and all I tried worked) however I also saw this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...nemassacre

If anybody is interested in the fix let me know otherwise recommend to download the addon at the link above which seems to be nicer and to work better.

Regards
Alethenorio

Well done. That's all I need. Hope it actually loads up.
(2016-01-01, 07:55)McButton Wrote:
(2012-12-16, 18:40)Alethenorio Wrote: If anybody is interested in the fix let me know otherwise recommend to download the addon at the link above which seems to be nicer and to work better.
Well done. That's all I need. Hope it actually loads up.

Plugin bombs out immediately with an error. Maybe it worked in 2012? Tongue
And. ..I'll just go at it old school and watch it on my laptop. There's a Youtube channel. I guess we could always just link a favorite. This addon was always kinda messed up. I'm surprised more channels don't have Kodi launches.
I haven't been able to spend much time on this updated plugin so far hence the lack of updates, but it's still alive. I have PoC code which scrapes the RSS / Atom feed(s) to get the initial "landing page" URL of each video, plus necessary metadata such as what category it's in. I think this includes all the content that's officially on Cinemassacre, over 2,150 videos (mostly) going all the way back to Halloween party 1991.

From such a landing page, further steps are needed to get to a corresponding stream URL, and there are other complications (caching, updating, the few entries that are something other than a video e.g. MP3's of the "Words Of Power" readings, different video hosts like BlipTV and ScreenWaveMedia depending when something was posted, related edge network GeoIP CDN stuff), but basically this should be able to take the place of the App feed.

(2016-01-01, 18:19)McButton Wrote: This addon was always kinda messed up.
Cinemassacre has some legacy organizational quirks like the fact that http://cinemassacre.com/category/avgn/avgnepisodes/2013/ covers AVGN episodes 2011 - 2014 inclusive. Since we don't control the site we have to use their layout as-is, so some minor weirdness in this area is to be expected.

(2016-01-01, 18:19)McButton Wrote: I'm surprised more channels don't have Kodi launches.
Yeah, even if you can get the content from hopping around YouTube or suchlike I find the convenience and presentational slickness of a dedicated add-on feel much more like watching a "real" channel somehow. In many cases there probably was an add-on at some point, but then some site update broke it and it never got updated. As per the above, I'm using the RSS or Atom feed as the content listing source partly because these should be robust in the face of site changes. Some functionality depends on WordPress, but it's unlikely Cinemassacre will move to something else at this point since it would mean redesigning the whole site.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] cinemassacre.com1