Linux Configure XBMC to use Asterisk with modem
I know there is a plugin in XBMC to connect to Asterisk so that caller ID information can be displayed during a movie.

I really want this feature. I would love to be able to see who is calling without having to get up.

I am running XBMC on Ubuntu and have installed a PCI modem in the computer and connected the landline that I want to receive caller ID from.

But I am stuck, I have no idea how to configure asterisk to work with a regular modem and landline. Everything I've found seems to be related to special PBX phone cards or SIP stuff for VoIP.

Can someone who has gotten asterisk to work with XBMC using a regular modem and landline please send some knowledge my way...

thanks!

I didn't know they still made modems... Wink
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
This is a rural location without the ability to use fiber or even cable... so the internet is DSL, which means having a landline is mandatory... since there's a landline... might as well put it into the home theater PC and get some caller ID display.. I know XBMC has this plugin for Asterisk, so other people must be doing this... but I can't find any documentation on how to get this configured. Sad
If you figure it out, please post about it. It honestly is a great idea.

I'm guessing you came across this forum thread.
XBMC Gotham via OpenElec 5.0.8
ASRock H87M-ITX
I3-4330 Haswell CPU
64GB SSD ADATA
4GB Team Elite DDR3
MI-008 Case
unRAID 5disks 18TB of awesome
(2012-03-26, 20:52)Kissell Wrote: I know there is a plugin in XBMC to connect to Asterisk so that caller ID information can be displayed during a movie.

I really want this feature. I would love to be able to see who is calling without having to get up.

I am running XBMC on Ubuntu and have installed a PCI modem in the computer and connected the landline that I want to receive caller ID from.

But I am stuck, I have no idea how to configure asterisk to work with a regular modem and landline. Everything I've found seems to be related to special PBX phone cards or SIP stuff for VoIP.

Can someone who has gotten asterisk to work with XBMC using a regular modem and landline please send some knowledge my way...

thanks!

I've done some digging and you may find the following two links might help you get started:

[Asterisk-doc] Using an additional modem to get CallerID information (http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asteri...00272.html)

Asterisk and UK Caller ID (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aster...+Caller+ID)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure XBMC to use Asterisk with modem0