Win VIDEO_TS folders play extras first instead of DVD menu
My XBMC used to work fine, but now (all of a sudden) all of my VIDEO_TS folders (fully ripped DVDs) play extras and bonus features first instead of starting at the DVD menu. They used to play just like the real DVD would play if inserted into the real DVD player.

I haven't changed anything (still Win7-64 and XBMC v10.1).

The options look ok. Please help ... I'm worried.
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Software: Windows-10 Pro, Kodi v16.1
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
Speakers: Polk Audio Series II and Polk Subwoofer.
Wink 
I fixed it !

It was the "Stack" option on the left pop-out user menu. For some reason, it must be on for video content and menus in VIDEO_TS folder to play in proper order. It also allows DVD folder to start playing by just selecting them (without pressing Play when inside one).

The best I can figure ... Stack must be on by default, or I may have discovered it must be when I originally setup this install. Then, the other day, when I routinely changed the file Sorting option ... I must have accidentally switched it off.

To the best of my knowledge, I don't need the Stack feature for it's intended function, but it definitely must be on to play DVD folders properly. I hope this helps someone later as they search for a cure.

I think I will see if it can be added to advancedsettings.xml (in case I ever accidentally switch it off again ... a XBMC restart will fix it).
HTPC: Intel e6600 dual-core, ATI 5670 (HDMI), Gefen HDMI Detective Plus, Synology 12tb RAID-5 NAS
Home Theater: Onkyo 607 AVR, Epson 8350 Projector, Apple-TV4, BD-60 BluRay, Cisco DVR, Harmony 670
I looked in guisettings.xml for anything with the word "stack" in it.

My advancedsettings.xml file looks like this now:

<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
<stackvideomode>1</stackvideomode>
<treatstackasfile>true</treatstackasfile>
</advancedsettings>

... but it doesn't help. If the Stack option gets turned off, and XBMC is exited and restarted, it's still off... Hmm, ideas anyone?
Where did you get those advanced settings at? I do not see them listed in the advanced settings wiki page at all.

I'll have to grab a dvd and rip it to test your issue.
I think you have to keep the tags from guisettings nested as they are in there, so the <stackvideomode> and <treatstackasfile> should be wrapped inside <myvideos></myvideos>.

So, something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <myvideos>
  </myvideos>
</advancedsettings>
...possibly.
I only have some random Kids DVDs to test with and I do not think they have any special features. Only the menu and movies. They all work fine when ripped to folders. I have an .iso that does have special features and such and it works fine without stacking turned on.

Scudlee may is right about how you add them to the advancedsettings.xml file. They need to be contained in their specific group.

The code may be:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <myvideos>
        <stackvideos>true</stackvideos>
    </myvideos>
</advancedsettings>
(2012-03-27, 18:14)scudlee Wrote: I think you have to keep the tags from guisettings nested as they are in there, so the <stackvideomode> and <treatstackasfile> should be wrapped inside <myvideos></myvideos>.

So, something like:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <myvideos>
  </myvideos>
</advancedsettings>
...possibly.

No this doesn't work either.

Yes, I think you are right. I kept working on it and ended up trying this way as well. There aren't many good examples of doing this. Possible explainations at this point...
1. I still don't have the proper format
2. This option isn't defined in guisettings.xml
3. The Stack option is called something else or doesn't include the string "stack" in the name.
(2012-03-27, 20:03)kricker Wrote: They all work fine when ripped to folders.

So, your VIDEO_TS folders play fine (see above) no matter what the setting of your "Stack" switch is? I don't think .ISO is a valid test because it's only one file.

My DVDs are all like this ...

E:\Media2\DVD\TopGun\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO (along with all the other files on the real disc)
Yes, my VIDEO_TS folders play fine regardless of the stack setting.

Did you look at my code example? I don't believe it is <stackvideomode>, instead it should be <stackvideos> with a true or false value.
(2012-03-28, 01:04)kricker Wrote: Yes, my VIDEO_TS folders play fine regardless of the stack setting.

Did you look at my code example? I don't believe it is <stackvideomode>, instead it should be <stackvideos> with a true or false value.

1. It's puzzling then, why the Stack option must be on for me ... for just normal proper operation. However, I'm sure you are running something other than v10.1 release like me.

2. No, sorry ... I didn't catch that . I will try it. However, I don't see that parameter in:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml
or my local guisettings.xml .

I guess I'm missing something. My understanding it that if the option is defined on the Wiki page, you use it. If it's not, you copy it verbatim from the guisettings.xml and place it into your advancedsettings.xml .
(2012-03-28, 01:04)kricker Wrote: Yes, my VIDEO_TS folders play fine regardless of the stack setting.

No, this code doesn't help either.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <myvideos>
         <stackvideos>true</stackvideos>
     </myvideos>
</advancedsettings>
Ahh. I am on Eden. I did copy that straight from my guisettings.xml. There is a chance the settings changed.
(2012-03-28, 07:29)kricker Wrote: Ahh. I am on Eden. I did copy that straight from my guisettings.xml. There is a chance the settings changed.

It seems the poor handling of VIDEO_TS folders (with Stack option Off) was a bug in v10.1 (that was fixed in Eden) . It probably doesn't show often because most people leave Stack on (no reason to turn it off). It also enables VIDEO_TS folders to play when you simply select the folders (don't have to press Play button) which everyone likes.

Ok, well I'm grabbing these from a v10.1 version of guisettings.xml, so they should work. Since they don't, I'll just be careful (not to accidentally turn it off) and plan on upgrading to Eden.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <myvideos>
    </myvideos>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks for the help, all the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VIDEO_TS folders play extras first instead of DVD menu0