• 6(current)
Metropolis Development
TV Guide should be fixed soon. See my post at TV Show Next Aired forum
RandomItems and Watchlist support is in. Currently refactoring things so the user can choose which add-on to use on a per-library basis (different script for Movies, TVShows, and Music).

If it all goes well I'll submit a pull request tonight, but it's kind of a big pull so I'll make sure it's thoroughly tested before I do so.
Pull Request #100 adds in support for the RandomItems and Watchlist scripts for the Movies, TV Shows, and Music sections. As well, it adds support for RecentlyAdded albums in the Music section. This takes care of Issue #32.

I have not yet added in the option to select a different script for each of the sections. I'll get that done by the end of this week, but I wanted to go ahead and push up these changes so folks here could test it this week. I'm going away on vacation next week and will have limited internet access, so I'd like to squash any new issues my changes might have created ASAP.

I chose to require a restart of XBMC if the user changes between the three scripts (and added a notice saying as much in the Settings dialog). I decided on this because both the RandomItems and Watchlist scripts can be quite slow on large libraries (especially when using a centralized database via MySQL), so I didn't think it was a good idea to unconditionally run them at startup, as a lot of people run XBMC on resource-limited machines. If it turns out this behavior is undesirable, it's easily changed later, however.

Also, you may close Issue #17 if you're satisfied with my patch for it.
Merged. Great work as always!

@jingai - I added you as a collaborator on Git - feel free to merge at will.
-stoli-
(2012-06-27, 20:29)stoli Wrote: Merged. Great work as always!

@jingai - I added you as a collaborator on Git - feel free to merge at will.

Ok, thanks. I'll try to see to it that you don't regret that Wink
Jingai - Did you remove the option to hide the Metropolis help text?

Edit - Just saw that you did remove it in commit 2865041ec9bc486b2c59243327d8a381a01d9433
Can we get this commit reverted....I think this a very useful option and I for one don't like the Help text showing.
(2012-06-28, 16:32)Aenima99x Wrote: Jingai - Did you remove the option to hide the Metropolis help text?

Edit - Just saw that you did remove it in commit 2865041ec9bc486b2c59243327d8a381a01d9433
Can we get this commit reverted....I think this a very useful option and I for one don't like the Help text showing.

I can revert it, but I'd like to talk about it first. I removed the option because it was only used in a couple places (LoginScreen, VideoInfo dialog, and just two spots on the Home screen). I also removed the "Press enter to play" text because it seemed rather obvious to me (I mean, what else is the user going to do?).

The only real help text remaining that I think might be considered obtrusive is the "Menu" and "Submenu" text on the Home screen. My rationale was that this was so minor that it didn't warrant having a separate option in the Settings. I'm a fan of minimizing customization options if they're frivolous.

However, I had also planned on putting it back in if someone told me it wasn't frivolous to them Smile

One question, though: should the "Recently Added <foo>" text be considered Help text?
Per-section selection of scripts (RecentlyAdded, RandomItems, and Watchlist) is in place now.

Also reverted the removal of the HideHelpText option per Aenima99x's request.

@stoli, I merged the new stuff in via a pull request because I thought it'd be kind of nice to see the closed Issue on github. The merge itself clutters up the git log a bit though. Do you prefer that I do it this way, or just push directly to master?
@jingai - whichever you prefer, it doesn't matter to me.
-stoli-
Jingai - Totally get your reasoning, I just don't like the Menu/Submenu on the home screen. I also don't think the "recently added" should be considered help text. Thanks.
I did revert the change, but to continue the discussion, maybe the Menu/Submenu text doesn't need to be there at all? I don't see it on other skins. Perhaps it's obvious enough to eliminate it altogether?

I personally am not sure, so maybe that's reason enough to just leave the option there.
Hi, any chance for live-tv/pvr support in the skin?
(2012-06-30, 15:49)lajbans Wrote: Hi, any chance for live-tv/pvr support in the skin?

I would do it, but I don't have a PVR setup so it'd be pretty difficult for me to test... so I think I'll leave this for someone else Smile
Hello,

I'm currently updating the french ressource file. (all translations done, review in progress) I will post it on github later.
Do you know if all ressources are still used ? (I have never seen one of these : 31343 to 31398 - big part to translate Smile - and 31061 to 31107)
Is it possible to add the full resource for id : 31451 instead of recommended only ? (in french recommended and films/tv shows/... need to be inverted to be displayed correctly)
Any change you could make a fix for the annoying pop-up you see every time you use a mouse?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Development0