XBMCbuntu Eden 11 hangs/freezes
I've just did a clean install on XBMCbuntu Eden 11 (twice) but it constantly hangs/freezes randomly, most of the times in the mainscreen and it even hangs a lot of times directly when booted.

It's running on a Dell sx260 pc.

Anyone any ideas on where to search. I already removed all usb devices but no fix.
i have the same issues on a revo 3600
I see that a lot of people are having this issue?!
I'm having the same issues on a Revo 3600. It has been working fine for about 12 hours, but has now started doing this. It also seems the sound has stopped working as I no longer get menu clicks?

Sometimes it just seems to be a huge delay in responding, if I go away for 10 mins and come back, it'll have done what I told it to, but it won't play anything.

It still responds to me pressing the power button on the case no problem and shut down properly.

If there aren't any responses on here I'll probably do a reinstall in the next couple of days and see how it goes.
Tried the XBMCbuntu Eden 11 but had to remove it because of sound issues. The XBMC Sound Mixer will just get grey the second time it's opened. Then no sound at all. I'll wait some time before next attempt and meanwhile let the coders even out the bugs.

I found the installed XBMC Live CD 10.1 and then recompile it into Eden more stable than XBMCbuntu Eden 11.
Works fine on my Zotac MAG with ION chipset. For now, I don't really need the internet browsing. Just a plain Multimedia player.
Just a hint...
Ill wait for any fix or something Confused
Did some more tests on XBMCbuntu and XBMC Live 10.1 (with XBMC recompiled into Eden)...
It seems that the Eden code itself is fine. Really shines actually.
It's the implementation into Ubuntu 11.10, where it becomes XBMCbuntu, that isn't 100%.

I use XBMC on a Zotac MAG for the only purpose of watching/listening to media with a remote. Don't need the desktop at all.
If anyone's interested, I can make a step by step tutorial on how to turn an installed XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) on harddisk into Eden.
I can't even install XBMCbuntu where the previous XBMC Live (10.1) ran fin straight from the box Sad
(2012-03-27, 21:10)kaasie Wrote: I've just did a clean install on XBMCbuntu Eden 11 (twice) but it constantly hangs/freezes randomly, most of the times in the mainscreen and it even hangs a lot of times directly when booted.

It's running on a Dell sx260 pc.

Anyone any ideas on where to search. I already removed all usb devices but no fix.

Could you please post a debug? xbmc.log?

I will within a few hours, thanks. If I can get to it, as it hangs directly while booting.
(2012-03-28, 12:43)Milleman Wrote: Did some more tests on XBMCbuntu and XBMC Live 10.1 (with XBMC recompiled into Eden)...
It's the implementation into Ubuntu 11.10, where it becomes XBMCbuntu, that isn't 100%.

I use XBMC on a Zotac MAG for the only purpose of watching/listening to media with a remote. Don't need the desktop at all.
If anyone's interrested, I can make a step by step tutorial on how to turn an installed XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) on harddisk into Eden.

Please do. I never had a problem with dharma but now i have all kinds of problem, video hangs when starting random video. Remote not working only after about 10 key presses etc etc. I have not bothered doing any debugging yet. All in all dharma worked like a charm but now installed on the xbmcbuntu live to hdd i have a angry gf.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
My issue seems to be fixed by installing this 'x-swat version'

please refer to this link to get the iso :

27 March 2012, x-swat version:
■Nvidia 295.33 drivers
■AMD Catalyst 11.5 (8.850) drivers

http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmcbuntu-11-...English%29

Worked for me, the only issue I have is that the audio is really low and I cannot seem to get it higher ( I assume the audiolevel in Ubuntu does need to rise )
Can anyone help me with that?

Good luck with the link!
(2012-03-28, 20:24)alex84 Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 12:43)Milleman Wrote: Did some more tests on XBMCbuntu and XBMC Live 10.1 (with XBMC recompiled into Eden)...

If anyone's interrested, I can make a step by step tutorial on how to turn an installed XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) on harddisk into Eden.

Please do. I never had a problem with dharma but now i have all kinds of problem, video hangs when starting random video. Remote not working only after about 10 key presses etc etc. I have not bothered doing any debugging yet. All in all dharma worked like a charm but now installed on the xbmcbuntu live to hdd i have a angry gf.

Oki!
Just give me a day or two for me to redo the proceed and write it down in a format that will be easy to follow.
Hope your gf can hold her breath meanwhile...! Smile
(2012-03-28, 00:01)Milleman Wrote: Tried the XBMCbuntu Eden 11 but had to remove it because of sound issues. The XBMC Sound Mixer will just get grey the second time it's opened. Then no sound at all. I'll wait some time before next attempt and meanwhile let the coders even out the bugs.

I found the installed XBMC Live CD 10.1 and then recompile it into Eden more stable than XBMCbuntu Eden 11.
Works fine on my Zotac MAG with ION chipset. For now, I don't really need the internet browsing. Just a plain Multimedia player.
Just a hint...

I had the same problem initially. I went into the mixer to unmute my optical device but that created some .asound file in the home directory. Once I removed that file the mixer worked again but I never used it again. I just had to find the correct device to use in the system settings to get playback to work correctly since I'm using optical for audio and HDMI for video. When the sound wasn't configured correctly xbmc just hung up. Everything is working now.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
(2012-03-29, 01:39)Milleman Wrote:
(2012-03-28, 20:24)alex84 Wrote:

If anyone's interested, I can make a step by step tutorial on how to turn an installed XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) on harddisk into Eden.

Oki!
Just give me a day or two for me to redo the proceed and write it down in a format that will be easy to follow.
Hope your gf can hold her breath meanwhile...! Smile

The Guide is posted and can be found on the following link:

Upgrade an XBMC Live 10.1 (Dharma) installation into Eden

Let me know how you're doing!
/Milleman

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Eden 11 hangs/freezes0