Decoding H10, failing, and more
Bug 
H10 H264 content appears to fail to decode when being decoded with DXVA2. When switched to software decoding, it also produces random video corruption in the form of arbitrary blocks of pixels that look like they're remaining from prior frames.

Using MPC-HC (libavcodec h264 AVC1 -> YV12, ffdshow rev3996 Nov 4 2011), the output is produced crystal clear.

Further, with 11.0 stable, I was unable to initiate DXVA2 at all as it always chose to software render. Falling back to 10.1 allowed for proper selection of DXVA2 when it was enabled in the System menu.

I have tried 'standard' H264 content and it seems to playback fine with all methods available.
Welcome to the forums. Eden does not allow native H10 playback yet - it requires a version bump and integration of the newest FFMpeg libraries, which was pegged for inclusion after Eden, and is in the works for pre-Frodo.

Not sure what's going on with the DXVA2 selection not working for you - haven't seen any issues with that so far - can you post a Debug Log?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the reply. Any idea when I can expect a nightly for the newest ffmpeg libs?

As for the DXVA2 not kicking in, it seems I posted too soon and didn't test hard enough - either that or my new (re)installation of 11.0 fixed my issue. DXVA2 kicks in properly for supported files. If something goes awry again (assuming I wasn't just being an idiot, or imagining it), I'll be sure to get back to you with a debug log.
There's no way to give a date for it, but code has been submitted leading towards it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Just to note that 10-bit video will only be decoded using the CPU when support lands in the nightlies. No current video card has support for decoding 10-bit video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Decoding H10, failing, and more0