Small annoyance with Apple Remote in XBMC Menu
Yesterday i bought a Mac Mini(10.7.3) just to put XBMC on it, and its truly amazing. I got everything to work but one small thing annoys me.
Whenever im browsing through the menu and i have to press down, the volume goes up and down also. Does anyone know how to turn that off?
Its a small thing i know, but it annoys me for quit a bit.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. It's an awesome application!
It is a problem since 10.7.2. No real work around outer than killing the XBMCHelper process before launching XBMC.

This happens after the computer goes to sleep. Or with me whenever the screen saver activates.
Maybe this could help?

http://www.thebitguru.com/projects/iTunesPatch

5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
iTunes patch won't solve the issue. The has to do with OS X recapturing control of the IR receiver after wake from sleep. The solution is to use sleepwatcher: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1002261
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
downgrade to 10.6.8

XBMC sucks with Lion
Does anyone know, if this problem is solved in Mounatin Lion or if there's another solution?
(2012-08-03, 11:38)captainuni Wrote: Does anyone know, if this problem is solved in Mounatin Lion or if there's another solution?

This is still an issue in Mountain Lion. Sleepwatcher works in Mountain Lion.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
I've been using Candelair with Mountain Lion and this hasn't happened yet, neither has iTunes launched.
(2012-07-10, 09:53)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: downgrade to 10.6.8

XBMC sucks with Lion

I'm thinking of upgrading from 10.6.8 as I want the features of ML.

Can you elaborate on what sucks?

I see Candelair fixes the remote issue.... and I don't really see what other issues there are for me. Please elaborate.
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
me too running xmbc on ML with candelair and all is well Smile running mac mini 2009
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Since installing Candelair OSX has taken over the remote up and down keys only once. This includes several reboots and dozens of suspends&resumes. So it's still not perfect but pretty close.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small annoyance with Apple Remote in XBMC Menu0