XBMC crash/freezes at startup
Hi.

I have just installed XBMC v. 11 Eden but I can't get it to work. I have tried looking in other post in here, but i haven't had any luck solving my problem.

Everytime i try to run XBMC it crashes when the start screen appears. I cannot close the program and after a while i have to reboot the computer. All drivers should på updated so i can't figure out what to do.

The logfile for my last attempt on starting the program can be found here: http://pastebin.com/Z0mbvidr

Hope anyone can help Wink

Jonas
Hi what operating system are you using ?
I'm using window 7 64-bit
If more info is needed just ask.
Noone who can help?
It looks like a crash initialising the video. Exactly these symptoms have been reported for old NVIDIA video cards, but you're using an Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and I think this should work. Apart from fitting a cheap video card like an NVIDIA G210 I'm not sure what to suggest. It might be worth checking you have the latest video drivers.

JR
I'm having the same issue with my new Fujitsu lifebook e series. Windows 7 64bit; Intel HD Graphics family.
XBMC used to start, but now it freezes up every time I try to start it. Can't kill the process in any way. Only solution is to reboot...
Tried different versions of XBMC, but doesn't help.
Hate it!
Ok, so I had the same problem. sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. (Intel HD card here to)
I found a solution at this forum here.
See post by dl371
Says to install intel rapid storage drivers, found here.

I'm yet to have a crash since I did this update.

Hope that helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crash/freezes at startup0