Super easy script request
i recently got my hands on a high resolution security camera. i have it going into a video-in on my capture card (which is irrelevent).

i have a program that snaps a picture and uploads it to the xbox every x amount of seconds.

what i need is a py script that displays that picture fullscreen, and refreshes it every x amount of seconds (variable that i could change) until i hit a button.

this would be greaty appreciated and i assume (completely unfoundedly) that it would be pretty easy to do. (i stopped programming after basic, sigh..)

thanks again to anyone who wants to take a go,

ben

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
before someone work on it, did you tryed to stream your security card on your network ? then you just have to launch a stream file :
securitycam.strm containing the url on your network to get the stream (i.e: http://192.168.0.3/)
stream your cam can be done with various software :
- vlc (videolan)
- windows media encoder (free from microsoft)
- ... possibly many others

if you don't want to do that, i may have a look... or if someone want to do it, you can start with my script : wakeup!.py which use threading to check every second current time and compare it with time to wake up...
ok, one thing i'm stuck on in vlan is how do i make the .strm file for xbmc to load?

thanks,

psc
i'm not very good with that...
try to simply put your pc lan ip adress with http
ok, i got the .strm file done, that seems to have been the easy part. i have become somewhat familliar with vlc, and am able to set the stream up fine. my problem now comes when i launch the strm, it hangs on the caching part. just sits there at 0.00%, whether i have caching turned on or not in vlc. i have tried multiple multiple things and am at somewhat of a loss.

now i know this isn't a vlc forum, but anyone have any ideas?

psc
be sure to make compatible your codec on your pc (encoding) and your codec on xbmc (decoding)
this is only an idea, as i never tried that much...
hmm, yes i have tried every codec. oh well, i can keep playing with vlc, but as it stands now, i still sorta need that script.

thank you very much for the suggestions though,

ben
just a polite bump.

psc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super easy script request0