OS X Accessing XBMC remotely through the Internet on an aTV or an iOS device.
Good day,

I am building my knowledge of XBMC through use and I have searched these forums thoroughly for an answer before posting, but many posts were old and used outdated info. So I am hoping by posting now, I may clarify this issue for others like me who may have a similar question.

Basically, how do I set up XBMC so that I can access my library (stored on a NAS device) that is ran on my Mac mini from another device like an AppleTV or an idevice like an iPad.

I'm not the most tech savvy person, but I was savvy enough to patch stick my 1st gen aTV to get XBMC running on it and to access my NAS device and to jailbreak my iPad to install xbmc. If that still qualifies me as a noob, then so be it Smile

I would really like to be able to access my library on my iPad or atv if I am away from home on vacation or elsewhere and I am hoping someone on these forums could explain it easily or point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your help! Cheers!
Oh, and Kudos to the XBMC team with their new Eden Update! A donation is on the way for the hard work!!!
Easy way with basic features: Turn on UPnP sharing on the XBMC box already set up with a library. Add that UPnP source to additional XBMC devices to access that library

More complicated way with additional features: Sync libraries (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing XBMC remotely through the Internet on an aTV or an iOS device.0