XMBC crashes when trying to add a SMB video source
I am just upgrading my friend's Darma Xbmc to Eden 11.0. Darma used to work great but Eden is having issues on his Acer 3700 Win 7 x64 machine. When I try to add a SMB video source for the movie library XBMC crashes. "Working" shows up in the lower right hand corner and just keeps spinning. Xbmc has to be forced quit. Once that happens Xbmc will not run again unless I reboot.

The smb shares are located on another win 7x64 machine. The directories are all shared properly. I can use windows explorer on the Acer 3700 and see all the network files fine. It's just xbmc that has the problem. Again, all this worked in Dharma. I have completely uninstalled and installed twice. No Joy!

Log file shows nothing. It just has the normal start up stuff.

Any ideas?
Enable debug logging and post a log. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log..._Debugging
When you're adding the source, choose "Add network location" from the list in the Browse dialog, then manually type in the server and share name. This will create a network location called something like smb://server/share/. Select this location from the list to create your source.

JR
(2012-03-29, 18:40)jhsrennie Wrote: When you're adding the source, choose "Add network location" from the list in the Browse dialog, then manually type in the server and share name. This will create a network location called something like smb://server/share/. Select this location from the list to create your source.

JR

I tried that this morning and it worked. But I still don't understand why the network shares don't show up when I select "window smb"? I could swear it works on my other system. I will have to check. It certainly worked in Dharma.

On the same note, this might be a bug or a feature but the system I am working on had two profiles (Master & Kids). The "add a network location" does not show up in the "kids" profile unless I enter "master mode"
(2012-03-29, 22:05)mrfatboy Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 18:40)jhsrennie Wrote: When you're adding the source, choose "Add network location" from the list in the Browse dialog, then manually type in the server and share name. This will create a network location called something like smb://server/share/. Select this location from the list to create your source.

JR

I tried that this morning and it worked. But I still don't understand why the network shares don't show up when I select "window smb"? I could swear it works on my other system. I will have to check. It certainly worked in Dharma.

On the same note, this might be a bug or a feature but the system I am working on had two profiles (Master & Kids). The "add a network location" does not show up in the "kids" profile unless I enter "master mode"

I am having the exact same issue. Also on x64 windows machines where the folders are shared correctly and viewable through any other method. I also updated to Eden where all previous versions worked fine. Any help here would be appreciated as I'm sure other will have this issue also. It sucks to have to add a bunch of folders manually. : \

*EDIT - By adding the server by IP manually, I was able to get the folders to show up, but it would not pick up any of the contents, so, empty library. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BUMP - Still need help if anyone can..
(2012-04-03, 19:51)noonan2678 Wrote: BUMP - Still need help if anyone can..

Try adding your pc name(for ex. //Office-pc/ or //Johns-pc) and not the IP. That's what I did and it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC crashes when trying to add a SMB video source0