[fixed] XBMCBuntu Eden 11.0 nothing works but UI. (AT5IONT-I Deluxe mobo)
Hi All,

I updated to XBMCBuntu Eden 11.0 the other day (Clean install) and have had very little luck getting anything to run - I can view pictures, scroll through the xbmc menus, but not much else.

Everytime I try to load a video or music it crashes and restarts XBMC. I had figured it was a graphics card driver issue but it appears to be recognised okay. Tried multiple different video playback options, but to no avail. Still crashes back to the XBMC menu.

Here is my most recent crash log - http://pastebin.com/3pjcDEue

I have the system running off an ASUS AT5IONT-I Deluxe motherboard with onboard NVIDIA graphics chipset.

Was happily running various earlier releases of XBMC Dharma with no issues on the same board (XBMC Live).

I have successfully installed XBMC Eden 11.0 within a windows vista installation (on the same system) where everything works as it should, though I don't want to boot into windows generally.

Additionally, is it just me but when I log into the XBMCBuntu interface it is practically impossible to make out what any text says aside from the login screen. Tried different resolutions and the various options available in the NVIDIA control panel to no avail.

Can anyone throw me some pointers? Really don't want to downgrade if I can avoid it!

Cheers,

Douf
Seeing a lot of threads about this issue, and we all have very different errors from each other. Very weird problem given how solid Eden's been (for me at least) throughout the betas and release candidates.
Yeah, I looked around for a similar issue but nothing quite matched my symptoms so posted a new topic.

Going to try out the xbmcbuntu-x-swat-11.0 release to see if thats a better build for my system..

[edit]

That has fixed my issue. Just reinstalled the x-swat release over the top of the standard xbmcbuntu install and it was just about good to go from install. Tweaked audio setup and it's going good.

Now just to figure why the alternate xbmcbuntu UI is displaying text so poorly...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[fixed] XBMCBuntu Eden 11.0 nothing works but UI. (AT5IONT-I Deluxe mobo)0