Smart Playlist Order
I made a smart playlist so that I can view movies that are stored in V:\movies. The only rule is that the path contains "movies".

The contents of the playlist are correct, it contains everything from the movie portion of the library that is located in v:\movies. The problem is that it doesn't sort the same way the regular movie library view does. It puts sets first, doesn't ignore articles like "the", and ignores the <sorttitle> tag from the movie .nfo files.

I tried setting it to sort on title and path. Path comes closer to what I want, because I don't use articles like "the" at the beginning of my movie folders, but it still puts the sets before the individual movies. I recently upgraded from version 9 to 11 (Eden) and this problem didn't exist in 9.

Anyone notice this or know why it's happening or if there's a way to fix it? Thanks.

Using Win7 with the Aeon Nox skin, btw.

Okay, just before posting this I figured out that changing the sorting in the view from "playlist" to "name" fixed it. I'll still post this in case it helps anyone else, since it still seems like a bug for the "playlist" sort setting to not sort the same way when the playlist is set to sort by title (articles not ignored, sets put first), or even path (sets put first).
Sort by playlist sorts by the order returned by the playlist, i.e. is governed by the order by clause. If you have no order by clause it will order as returned from the database.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah that's pretty obvious, and like I said, I tried setting the ordering from within the playlist to both title and path, and either way, sets always came first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist Order0