Feature request: Equalizer
I would really like an equalizer integrated into XBMC. I use xbmcbuntu and there is no accessible equalizer available to me.

I don't know much about linux, but I'm sure equalizers have been developed already for linux, so it should just be a matter of making the gui and sticking it on the audio mixer?
Most team members don't favor equalizer within XBMC: The amplifier should do this.
Ok. However my Tivoli Audio does not have an equalizer... It has a distinct "disco bass" boost which muddies up dialog a bit. Great for popmusic, but not the best for podcasts.
Hi
Maybe this? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=88719
whilst not the perfect solution it works.
With the suggested asound.conf in the post,it only works on 2 channel audio (well here anyways )
Wozza
I am using apple tv 2 today i have restored my apple tv and after that it is not working a white light blinking on my apple tv and apple logo on my TV i have tried my level best to resolve this problem but in vain anyone can help me regarding this matter.
Thanks
any updates on this? seem kinda odd that it's not a feature when most players have it. I don't want to use my amplifier remote for turning down the bass when my kids needs sleep. I don't even know where the remote is Smile
I would have thought Xbian would have an equalizer... Most quality amps are just that, amps. They don't do any dsp, because they are an amp.

I have my pi hooked to a small tripath amp, controlled by a phone. No dsp whatsoever, which is OK, but it would be really nice to have an EQ so I can compensate for certain songs and situations.
I absolutely second this request. I'd love to have an equalizer in XBMC. My amp is an amp, and as resinis said, most amps don't have an equalizer. I would use it mostly for my music collection. Currently using WinAmp for music since it offers an equalizer and it just makes it sound better with my personal preferences.
I'm absolutely against this request.
My tape deck, VHS recorder, CD player, bluray player, HIFI tuner etc. didn't / don't have equalizers.
This is the task of the amp.

(2013-11-17, 14:27)Sundance Wrote: Currently using WinAmp for music since it offers an equalizer and it just makes it sound better with my personal preferences.

I use a good pair of nearfield audio speakers together with my computer and high quality speakers with my stereo equipment.
There is absolutly no need for an equalizer except your're using bad quality MP3s.
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
Found this thread doing a Google search for an XBMC equalizer plugin; so sorry for being a bit late to the party.

I'm absolutely in favor of this request. When amps include an equalizer, they can be very limited and will typically apply to all sources. Having an EQ in XBMC is an opportunity for applying different EQ depending on certain rules or patterns in the source itself. E.g. bump bass if playing music if style is dubstep; bump mids if playing that particular net radio station, etc.

I want my amp to be adjusted to offer a *flat* response in-room. Any other tweak should be done on a per-source basis. And since XBMC aggregates multiple sources, the EQ should be in XBMC as my amp has no way to know what XBMC plays.
Sorry to resurrect this but PLEASE add an equalizer to XBMC/Kodi. The arguments I see here are just silly. So (1) I'm supposed to have an amp and (2) my amp is supposed to have an equalizer. I just have a good 2.1 system with a volume button.

Most other software players have an equalizer or a plugin for it. People who are so much against it like Xycl can just turn it off. All others like myself can use it an enjoy XBMC even at night so that I don't wake up my neighbors due to the heavy bass ... just an example.

I know there are ways to add system wide equalizers (linux, windows and mac included) but it's just not the same thing. XBMC is so good in most other respects that it just looks odd there is no equalizer for it (built in or add-on).
I think the below PR will create the possibility to create an equalizer add-on:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4402

Probably for Helix +1
This please.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2014-09-09, 18:27)dr88dr88 Wrote: I think the below PR will create the possibility to create an equalizer add-on:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4402

Probably for Helix +1

Sorry for the late post, but I didn't saw it before. Correct this PR will add audio signal processing addons to Kodi. At the moment I'm developing an convolution engine (similar functions as BruteFIR) for Kodi. At the moment it's not usable, but sooner or later it will Big Grin

For more information's see:
I started the work on an equalizer addon and opened a new thread for it.Wink
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature request: Equalizer0