OS X Strange video stutter in Eden
Hello,

I've been a happy user of XBMC 10 for quite a while, and everything always worked perfectly. Then I upgraded to Eden...

I love the upgrade. Everything works like a charm. Except this small thing: Every time I start to play any video with 5.1 audio output (I haven't noticed it in videos with MP3 audio), the video stutters, and the audio is dead. Then I pause the video, unpause it (without stop) and, after some seconds, the audio comes out and the video plays perfectly.

So, whenever I want to play anything with HD audio, I start the video, pause it, unpause it, then it works.

Some details: I have a 17" Macbook Pro, current model, with HDMI output. My receiver indicates that the audio passthrough is working finely.

XBMC 10 works without a glitch, without any stutters, with the same cable, same Thunderbolt-HDMI connector, in the same machine.

I've messed a lot with the video and audio settings, to no avail.

What could be wrong? And what can I do to help?

Thanks for this wonderful piece of software!
Hello,

As none seems to have any clue about what is happening, here is the log of when I try to play a file.

In the log the line with the 20:05:04 time is when I pause the video. After that I unpause it, and no messages or errors occur, and after a small stutter, the video plays correctly, with audio in sync. At 20:08:46 time I stopped the video.

The error is very consistent, and it happens (as opposed to what I posted before) with any video file, with any kind of audio stream.

Also, I upgraded from XBMC 10.

Hope that is more helpful!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange video stutter in Eden0