Linux HTPC build with no noise?
The OCZ ram are some I have allready and the SSD is the same I use in the 120 GB version in my desktop.

As it is gonna run XBMC and not alot more - I strongly hope it will be fine.
your the boss Smile
Well I have it all together now, but I cant seem to get any sound thru HDMI. I have used XBMCbuntu and set XBMC to use HDMI for audio. No cake.

Anyone else had trouble getting this to work? Must I change something in the ASRock bios?
well im not Linux guru sorry.
HDMI sound is a common problem under Linux.
but its solvable, keep it up!
I really have been around it alot now. Tried all settings in XBMC. Checked that the sound isnt muted. Tried using the custom setup: PLUGHW:0,3 (my card 0 and device 3).

No cake.

I am probably gonna end up using windows instead. Maybe I should try Windows 8? Smile
sound over hdmi works with linux but you'll have to search the forum "help & support / linux" .. there are a lot of threads .. simply with tweaking XBMC settings you won't get it working, it's a linux/alsa/pulseaudio problem ..
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hmm someone said it could be casesensitive - since its linux - might have to try with plughw:0,3...
It actually worked. Linux seems to be case sensitive - writing it in lower case solved my problem. Smile
(2012-04-01, 20:17)Angstskrig Wrote: Well I decided to get the Lian Li with the 150W PSU.

Setup will be:

ASRock A75M-ITX
AMD A-Series A8-3870K Black Edition
Corsair Force GT Series SSD 60 GB
Lian Li PC-Q09FA Silver
OCZ DDR3 2x2GB

Should be ready to test this during easter holidays. Will let you know if it all went ok.

Yesterday I bought your same htpc configuration:
A75M-ITX AMD Series A-A8-3850
Crucial SSD M4 120 GB
Lian Li PC-Q09FB
OCZ 2x2GB DDR3
Please, I want to know how, is this configuration good choice ...? The 150w psu is good for our configuration?
Did you have some problem with the psu.?
I'm afraid is too small power supply.
Tanks
Sorry for my english.....

The trick to no noise and fans is HUGE heatsinks. I have had a fanless 775 rig for over a year now with enough power to play 1080p on the CPU (something a Shuttle can't do).

My secret? Giving up on a smaller profile and committing to huge heatsinks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build with no noise?0