Linux No Sound on Certain Videos
This just started with v11, some of my TV shows play but without sound (even though they play fine in other media players and previously worked in XBMC v10) and I can't seem to figure out why.

I'm running XBMC 11.0-1 from the Chakra Linux binary repository. I enabled debugging an played one of the videos so here's the log from that session: http://pastebin.com/wXdW3JSL

It's namely happening on OGM files but it's happened with other files too, IIRC one of the other formats was MPEG.
Thanks for the help guys...
Can you post a log when audio does work?
I'm sure bobo1on1 will be able to help you if you provideo a log file, but there are other ways you can help yourself, or at least educate yourself. You may want to download a media analysis tool like MediaInfo (free) and compare the specs of the videos in which sound doesn't work. It's possible they share a common audio format, sample rate, etc, and this is probably the actual problem. That way, it'll be easier to search for others running into it.
9 out of 10 times this is because the wrong audio device for PCM audio is used, and passthrough will function fine.
(2012-04-04, 23:16)bobo1on1 Wrote: 9 out of 10 times this is because the wrong audio device for PCM audio is used, and passthrough will function fine.

this was it for me, also while playing a show that doesn't have sound, get the sound menu up and click output to all speakers or something similar, that just worked for me.
(2012-04-04, 18:14)bobo1on1 Wrote: Can you post a log when audio does work?

That's what the debug log is from, I looked through it too and it doesn't seem to provide anything that helpful.

(2012-04-04, 23:16)bobo1on1 Wrote: 9 out of 10 times this is because the wrong audio device for PCM audio is used, and passthrough will function fine.

I've noticed that in the debug log it always says something about not being able to connect to pulse audio (appeared in v10 also), even though I never use Pulse Audio.

(2012-04-04, 19:16)alexpigment Wrote: I'm sure bobo1on1 will be able to help you if you provideo a log file, but there are other ways you can help yourself, or at least educate yourself. You may want to download a media analysis tool like MediaInfo (free) and compare the specs of the videos in which sound doesn't work. It's possible they share a common audio format, sample rate, etc, and this is probably the actual problem. That way, it'll be easier to search for others running into it.

I was going to do that but was in a rush before work.

I posted a bug report and one of the devs responded saying it was a problem with ffmpeg and should be fixed in the next update.

Quote: The upcoming ffmpeg update should heal the issue. FYI, applying the
changes found @ http://gitorious.org/~net1945/ffmpeg/net1945s-ffmpeg-
mt/commit/6bd69e6adadf645fd07e909bebc150eab4b9c3c8 solved it here. CC'd
the player guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound on Certain Videos0