How should I name custom nfo and mkv files?
So I'm ripping a bunch of my BBC shows lately and I've been finding that the DVDs have lots of extras that are not in thetvdb.com. I've figured out how to make custom nfo files but I find unless I name them with something like S00E20 they are not scanned in. Can someone tell me what naming conventions are required for this kind of thing? It seems silly when I have matching mkv and nfo files that they aren't scanned unless they have a season and episode index.

I'm also wondering how to store movie extras in a way that they can be associated with the movie.
Hey Keith,

if you want to have a look at this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=810...g_XML_data
Depending on the type of file (video, show, series, ...) it tells you above the detailed field description how to name your file.

If it doesn't help you, please drop a message again.

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)
Adding videos to the library/Naming files/TV shows (wiki)
I understand how to name TV shows for scraping, I got several hundred shows all named properly. And it makes sense with regards to how things are looked up at thetvdb.com. What I don't understand is if you are making a custom nfo file, and the name matches a video file, why is that not added to your database unless it also matches the season/episode number pattern? It's not looking to any external site to do any matching, that's the whole point of adding an nfo file after all. I'm assuming this is a problem for anyone that wishes to archive sports also. So far as I can tell without assigning an arbitrary season and episode number to a file, it will not be added to the XBMC database. Is this correct?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How should I name custom nfo and mkv files?0