High CPU usage on low end device (Asus R2H)
I installed XBMC 11 on Asus R2H and it uses a lot of CPU time.

R2H is quite old device with Celeron 900 MHz and Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (which I think is main problem) but it is small and has a touchscreen.
I intented to use it only as a music player but just displaying user interface eats 50-60% of CPU. I tried different skins with no luck. Some operations can even hangs it for a minute.
I've set screen timeout and when it's off CPU usage is less than 10%, so I'm sure it's graphics problem.

I know requirements
Quote:Intel GMA 950 (945G) or newer supported, Intel GMA X4500HD (G45) or newer recommended.
but maybe there is some way to tweak the GUI so it won't need so much processing power?

And if it can't be done can you recommend some alternative?
It can be even some console music player but all I've tested need full keyborad.
R2H has built-in arrow keys, enter, pgup, pgdown and two more weird keys which I'm not sure, touchscreen with stylus and trackpoint with left and right mouse buttons.
You could try Dirty Regions:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Dirty_regions
I tried Dirty Regions with different settings but with no significant difference. I'm not sure if it had any effect at all.

I forgot to tell I'm using Gentoo GNU+Linux.
(2012-04-02, 08:42)issity Wrote: I tried Dirty Regions with different settings but with no significant difference. I'm not sure if it had any effect at all.

I forgot to tell I'm using Gentoo GNU+Linux.

It should have. Are you absolutely sure it loaded the advancedsettings.xml ?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, I'm sure.
I added to advancedsettings.xml line from wiki to show CPU temp (cputempcommand) and this one works, so the file is loaded.

I also wanted to try XBMCbuntu but Ubuntu doesn't work on R2H - I think there is something with this graphics chipset. The screen goes all bright and then slowly darkens in weird pattern (the same for XBMCbuntu).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU usage on low end device (Asus R2H)0