Camelot IMDB scraper needed
Question 
I'm still using XBMC Live v9.11 "Camelot" and find myself in the situation again where IMDB have changed their site and the XBMC scraper stops working. I've searched everywhere (XBMC forums and general Google results) but can't seem to find an updated IMDB scraper which will work on XBMC v9.11.

Can anybody assist/advise or point me in the right direction (and no, I don't want to upgrade to Dharma (or Eden) just to get the IMDB scraper working)? Wink
learn to write scrapers, then update it.
spiff Wrote:learn to write scrapers, then update it.

A simple "It doesn't exist" would have sufficed.
how could you possibly take offense by me assuming you're capable and interested..
I wouldn't say I'm offended (takes much more than that, trust me) but let's be honest with ourselves, "learn to write scrapers" isn't that helpful is it?

Kind of the same as "learn to program in <insert language here>"...if I could easily do that, then I could theoretically fix any problem with XBMC (and so could everybody else). If everybody could do everything, there wouldn't need to be a forum, where people like me could ask for help from people with more technical knowledge/ability/experience.

If my car breaks down, I don't really expect a mechanic to simply tell me to learn to fix engines... Wink
Whatvis preventing you from updating to Eden?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
That's a good question...

I'll be honest, it was a pain in the a*** getting my LIVE Camelot 9.11 configured properly so that it did everything I wanted and I just can't bare the pain of having to do it again. I know virtually nothing about Linux/Ubuntu and the thought of having to make changes to things like LIRC and hardware.conf again just makes me shiver (and also having to spend a long time trawling the forums finding what changes to make in the first place). From reading the forum posts about Eden over the last week or so, there seem to be a lot of issues being reported which there simply aren't fixes for yet and one of the issues I've come across being posted by other people is getting the Xbox DVD remote working which for me, would be a dealbreaker.

I do plan on first running the XBMCbuntu version from a USB stick to see if I'm worrying over nothing but right now, apart from the IMDB scaper (which I can get around and use TVDB or something else) not working, it does everything I want, even though it's an old version. If it ain't broke, etc. (or in this case, "If it ain't broke a whole lot...") Wink Apart from any of that, it's simply a case of getting the time to do the install and configure it.
cant help with the scraper issue....and i may be wrong here also lol
but when you do try xbmcbuntu i think you want to make sure you load mce remote add on from the official xbmc repo

i use a wireless remote that has a keyboard so i never have remote issue so i could be wrong but trying to help lol
WE ALL WE GOT
(2012-03-29, 16:22)bigdog66 Wrote: cant help with the scraper issue....and i may be wrong here also lol
but when you do try xbmcbuntu i think you want to make sure you load mce remote add on from the official xbmc repo

i use a wireless remote that has a keyboard so i never have remote issue so i could be wrong but trying to help lol

Thanks for that, appreciate the advice. I seem to remember when trying to get this working with my Camelot install that all the forum posts advised that configuring for the MCE remote didn't work and it had to be a mapping file specifically tailored for the original Xbox DVD remote...that's why I'm being so (overly) cautious.
The problem is you'll be much more likely to get support with configuration issues with a current Xbmc version than with an outdated Xbmc version where one little thing does not work. It's not a question of people not wanting to help you; it is *very* hard to reproduce or fix your issues if you're the only one running such a system. You are effectively narrowing down your pool of potentially helpful people to zero.

A good backup is all you need in case Eden would indeed have showstoppers preventing you from using it. I believe that is highly unlikely.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
http://xbmchuscraper.googlecode.com/file...a_v1.5.zip

Should work.
(2012-03-29, 22:48).:B:. Wrote: The problem is you'll be much more likely to get support with configuration issues with a current Xbmc version than with an outdated Xbmc version where one little thing does not work. It's not a question of people not wanting to help you; it is *very* hard to reproduce or fix your issues if you're the only one running such a system. You are effectively narrowing down your pool of potentially helpful people to zero.

A good backup is all you need in case Eden would indeed have showstoppers preventing you from using it. I believe that is highly unlikely.

I totally agree and I knew it was a long shot when I posted it.

Originally, I just had an issue with SPIFF's response of "write one yourself" which was neither helpful or constructive. Responses like yours are what makes this forum such a useful and interesting place, whereas, ones like SPIFF's are what drags it down.

(2012-03-29, 23:01)olympia Wrote: http://xbmchuscraper.googlecode.com/file...a_v1.5.zip

Should work.

I'll give it a try...many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Camelot IMDB scraper needed0