SQL query to filter out HD Xvid Movies
I am attempting to update my media to h264 in preparation for the raspberry pi devices coming in the near future and the ATV2 that I have now. The ATV2 doesn't play HD Xvid well, and I would assume that the same problem will exist on the raspberry pi.

I am attempting to query my DB to list all xvid movies that are greater that 1280 in width so they can be culled or replaced. That info is in the streamdetails table, where the movie names are in the movie table. I cannot figure out how to get the movie names to be listed in association with the codec and width.

Any help?
something like:

SELECT movie.c<magic number for title column> FROM movie JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idMovie JOIN streamdetails ON streamdetails.idFile=files.idFile WHERE streamdetails.foo > 1280.

obviously pseudo code which will require some donkey work on your behalf Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall!
I did have to do some work on it and came up with this...

Code:
SELECT movie.c00 FROM movie JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile JOIN streamdetails ON streamdetails.idFile=files.idFile WHERE streamdetails.strVideoCodec = "xvid" AND streamdetails.iVideoWidth >= 1280

This gave me a list of thankfully only 96 movies. I swear, I spend more time maintaining this collection than actually watching it!

Edit: This is the query for finding HD Xvid Television episoses

Code:
SELECT episode.c18 FROM episode JOIN files ON files.idFile=episode.idFile JOIN streamdetails ON streamdetails.idFile=files.idFile where streamdetails.strVideoCodec = "xvid" AND streamdetails.iVideoWidth >= 1280

Thanks again jmarshall!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL query to filter out HD Xvid Movies0