• 1(current)
iOS 5.1 & XBMC
Today, Firecore released a version of SeasonPass with tethered support. Anyone try it yet? How does XBMC fair?Big Grin
xbmc does not support iso 5.1 yet.
As said above, plus stated on the aTV Flash Black page for the 5.1 JB, XBMC isn't yet working / supported on the new iOS. Obviously XBMC needs to be updated, but I've no clue as to exactly what / where needs to be modified. Hopefully someone with knowledge of what needs changing will pop up and state what is happening, and more importantly what the effort required to get XBMC running is.
How do we know XBMC doesn't work on iOS 5.1?
i installed it it doesnt work, plus it says it doesnt work.
(2012-03-31, 03:28)jbp210 Wrote: i installed it it doesnt work, plus it says it doesnt work.

Yeah, that's one way to know. Smile
SSH into the ATV and see if the file structure is similar to version 4.4.4

Since it was a major update that may be one reason along with others.

Just guessing though.
I am also looking for an xbmc release for the ios5.1 since my apple tv update itself last night. I have found the following but I do not know if this is correct.

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2012/03/29/x...tv-review/

If anyone have any ideas of how to install xbmc on the newest ios I would be very glad to here.
(2012-03-31, 09:26)Dinos 123 Wrote: I am also looking for an xbmc release for the ios5.1 since my apple tv update itself last night. I have found the following but I do not know if this is correct.

http://www.appletvhacks.net/2012/03/29/x...tv-review/

If anyone have any ideas of how to install xbmc on the newest ios I would be very glad to here.

I`ve installed it yesterday and it says that front row cannot be patched. But anyway, if you try to open xmbc it only reboot the Lowtide. So i`m at work, maybe i can check the logs later
Give us some time. IOs 5.1 seems a bit bitchy to us. I will close this thread now for stopping the pressure a bit. But i will keep you informed here! Stay tuned, patient and calmed (this time Wink ).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
1st update. I think i've found a solution for getting XBMC to work again on atv2 running iOS 5.1. Have to wait for davilla to talk about it and how to proceed.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Code changes for ATV2/iOS5.1 went into our mainline. We now will have to discuss on how to push this to the cydia - based on the Eden code. So basically there will be a eden build with iOS5.1 support in cydia - at least thats the goal.
So here we go. We decided to give you this Eden build here in the forum. We do an update for cydia when 11.1 is released for all platforms. Beside that the nightlys (once they start again) will be compatible with iOS5.1 too.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369
Thank you, that was amazingly quick.

And also for the other thread as I was just about to try and work out what to do with a .deb file!
I am excited to try the new OS update and the updated Eden file.[/align]

Edit: I got it working. It said it had dependencies on nitoTV. Installed that. Works fine now.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 5.1 & XBMC2