XBMC not showing in ATV menu after upgrade
Hi all!
Upgraded XBMC 2hours ago and somehow it fucked up my ATV2. After that, XBMC, Nito-TV and Remote was missing in main-menu on ATV2. I could still SSH though. Tried to reinstall, tried to remove, tried everything but nothing worked.
Went ahead and re-jailbroke with Seas0npass and ATV Black. Still no luck, but I could still SSH.
restored and jailbroke again, and tried to install from terminal, no luck either.

If I install org.tomcool.xbmc-booter it boots xbmc though. So wtf is wrong?

I am using version: 4.2.1(8C154) btw.
I have the same issue, although I followed instructions to delete the contents in /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages per this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125271 and I was able to successfully update XBMC - and then it all fell over.
Hi there... Same here!!!

I Have re-jailbroken 3 times, tried everything and can't seem to get either nitotv or xbmc (didn't try anything else). It all installs in ssh, but never appears in the atv2 menu.

Also using version 4.1.1 (4.2.1 - 8C154).

Cheers.
i had a similar problem.

this worked for me

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127033
(2012-03-31, 15:48)snusboks Wrote: i had a similar problem.

this worked for me

Thanks for the help... but still no solution! :S
I can't get neither nitotv or xbmc to appear on the ATV2 menu. They install without errors, but don't appear in menu. Other thing is that i can't "killall AppleTV" (or Lowtide, or kill -9, etc) nothing works except the reboot.

When i re-jailbreak i have the FC logo in the right corner, but when i try to install anything thru ssh and then reboot, the FC logo disappears and the original one shows up, and the menu doesn't show what i've installed. Completely drained of ideas at this point...

EDIT: Update... New Jailbreak (seas0npass has all the other), only installed ATV Flash Black, the program runs normally, installs everything and reboots ATV2 automatically, when it starts again... Menu just the same, NO logo FC (back to the apple one) and it appeared a clock in the right upper corner!
I can say that ATV2 was just inches away from learning how to fly... i stopped in the last second. Tongue

Cheers.
(2012-03-31, 18:02)Whysper Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 15:48)snusboks Wrote: i had a similar problem.

this worked for me

Thanks for the help... but still no solution! :S
I can't get neither nitotv or xbmc to appear on the ATV2 menu. They install without errors, but don't appear in menu. Other thing is that i can't "killall AppleTV" (or Lowtide, or kill -9, etc) nothing works except the reboot.

When i re-jailbreak i have the FC logo in the right corner, but when i try to install anything thru ssh and then reboot, the FC logo disappears and the original one shows up, and the menu doesn't show what i've installed. Completely drained of ideas at this point...

EDIT: Update... New Jailbreak (seas0npass has all the other), only installed ATV Flash Black, the program runs normally, installs everything and reboots ATV2 automatically, when it starts again... Menu just the same, NO logo FC (back to the apple one) and it appeared a clock in the right upper corner!
I can say that ATV2 was just inches away from learning how to fly... i stopped in the last second. Tongue

Cheers.

Have the same issue,
-cleaned cache -> no change
-reinstalled older version of Nito -> no change
-reinstalled Cydia -> no change

The programs are still located in /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances and permissions are ok
The issue started when Nito did all update and installed new NitoTV so something was written in one of the config files.

The only way I can go back is to have that XBMC auto run script.

UPDATE:

This fixed the issue for me: Looks like something is wrong with updated beigelist.

Cheers Smile

apt-get install beigelist=1.0-1

==========
Apple-TV:~ root# killall AppleTV
Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install beigelist=1.0-1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be DOWNGRADED:
beigelist
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 downgraded, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 2900B of archives.
After this operation, 32.8kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://apt.awkwardtv.org stable/main beigelist 1.0-1 [2900B]
Fetched 2900B in 0s (3527B/s)
dpkg - warning: downgrading beigelist from 2.2.2-3 to 1.0-1.
(Reading database ... 6100 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace beigelist 2.2.2-3 (using .../beigelist_1.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement beigelist ...
Setting up beigelist (1.0-1) ...
Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get remove org.tomcool.xbmc-booter
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
org.tomcool.xbmc-booter
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
After this operation, 16.4kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
(Reading database ... 6097 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing org.tomcool.xbmc-booter ...
Apple-TV:~ root# killall AppleTV
Thanx vasir. This resolved my problem aswell!
(2012-03-31, 21:45)PeeMaN Wrote: Thanx vasir. This resolved my problem aswell!

One more happy client! Wink Thanks Vasir.

Cheers.
No problem ...

Smile .... note to myself .... " if it is not broken don't update" .... I know I think that way every time I update lol
Thank you very much! I spent the whole day jailbreaking, installing and uninstalling. Was just about to give up. Smile
Thanks vasir that fixed it for me too! So happy ATV2 is back in action again Smile
Thanks from me also vasir.

I have wasted the whole day today trying to get the menus to reappear after stupidly doing an update all when I had no reason too!
I just came across your posting and 3 minutes later everything is working again :-)
I think someone has poked the guy who made that one component to see if he can get a fix up. Hopefully soon? I wonder if it was updated to support the newer iOS (5.0/5.1) and wasn't backwards compatible.
Thank You! Struggling for hours today and finally got it all back on track!
hi, i am having this problem now, i tried the solution above but i just get this error "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. "
after i enter this ' Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install beigelist=1.0-1'
help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not showing in ATV menu after upgrade0