ASRock bios problem
Hey,

I have just built my first htpc, yay! However I am having problems with the bios on the A75M. Basically I get the bios screen with has the asrock logo with the following options: f2 or delete for UEFI, instant flash, boot menu and tab to switch screens. It just waits on this screen for my input.

If I press f2 it will just boot to linux, if I press del, I get a blank screen and then it reloads the current options. Instant flash looks like it loads, but then returns to this screen. Boot menu asks me what drive to boot from, tab shows the the cmd then books linux.

I tried clearing the cmos by moving the jumper for 5 seconds, but no difference.

Not sure what else to try, removing the battery?

Hope someone can help Smile Thanks!
Removing the battery might help..

Also check that everything is connected alright.. might be a loose memory or data cable causing the problems.

what's the bios version currently installed for your mb?
I think its actually my USB keyboard which the mb doesn't like. If it is unplugged it works fine. I will get hold of another keyboard and try that.
Yup, it was they keyboard, works fine now.

I have bios v1.20, is it worth updating? I had a bad experience with updating the bios a long time ago, so I've been a bit nervous since.
(2012-05-15, 10:02)mikegc Wrote: I have bios v1.20, is it worth updating? I had a bad experience with updating the bios a long time ago, so I've been a bit nervous since.
Unless a BIOS upgrade fixes a specific problem you are experiencing, it's better to leave well enough alone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock bios problem0