Win Movies missing when using 2nd profile - Bug??
Hi all,

I've had this issue for awhile and even though I've searched the forums, I don't seem to find anything relating to my specific problem so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on it.

First, let me explain my setup:

All movies are hosted on my Synology NAS with the following folder structure:

Movies (200+ movies)
-Movie title #1
-Movie title #2
-Movie title #3
-Movie title #4
-Etc.
TV Series (20+ TV Series)
-TV Series #1
-TV Series #2
-TV Series #3
-Etc.
Kids Movies (40+ Movies)
-Movie title #1
-Movie title #2
-Movie title #3
-Etc.

Ok, so I have my XMBC setup with 2 profiles. On the first profile (User #1), I have the Movies and TV Series as my source folders. Everything works perfectly. On the second profile (User #2) I have the Kids Movies folder as the source folder and that works perfectly as well.

Here's the problem:

I'll start up XBMC and have it set to automatically log in to the User #1 profile. If I want to change it so that the kids can watch their movies, I choose Settings -> Profiles and choose User #2. The User #2 profile loads and all the movies are present. The problem is that if I shutdown the system while still logged in as User #2, then turn the system back on, the next time I log into User #2, most of the movies are gone from the database. Updating the library will not pull them all back in again, so I either have to edit the source, make sure the scraper is correct and have it rescan from there, or remove the source and re-add it. Then all movies will show up normally.

All of this has NO effect on the User #1 profile. All the movies and tv series listed in it's database are unaffected.

The odd thing (and the work around I've been using) is after I'm finished under the User #2 profile, is to log back into the User #1 profile and then I can shut down the system and everything is fine. So basically if I want to view the kids movies I have to:

Turn on system and let it boot into XBMC (automatically into User #1 profile)
Go to Settings -> Profiles and change to User #2
After they're done, I have to go back to Settings -> Profiles and change back to User #1
Once I'm back to the User #1 profile I can shut the system off and all settings for User #2 remain intact.

Hopefully all this makes sense and it's easy to follow. At first I thought this was a bug in Dharma, but it's still an issue even after switching to Eden. I've tried a clean install even with the latest RC and still no luck. I do know that each profile is set to use independent data sources and the issue is persistent regardless of the skin I'm using (Confluence or Neon).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
I also have this problem. I've had it for a while and put up with it so I cannot remember the specifics for it being caused like Mike can. My scenario is essentially the same being that I have a 2nd profile for the kids. I have created a 3rd profile for the kids and have corrected most of the naming conventions for the TV shows so they can appear.

But there is another problem: The playback in this new 3rd profile is jerky and without sound. I have double checked the audio settings as per the master profile and it all "looks" fine. Is there something I've missed??

Sorry Mike I can't give you any ideas for your solution but I'm trying things when I have the time.

Andre.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies missing when using 2nd profile - Bug??0