Booting XBMCbuntu on Mac Mini?
Hello,

I'm trying to boot XBMCbuntu from my Mac Mini, but I'm not having much luck. I've seen that others have made it work, but I don't see anywhere what it is that I should be doing.

I downloaded the ISO, burned it to disk, then used an external USB DVD drive connected to the Mini. If I hold down Option during boot, the disc is not present among the options. Then I tried using unetbootin to create a bootable USB drive. This shows up in the boot selection list, but if I select it I'm just greeted with a permanent black display.

I read about rEFIt/rEFInd, so I installed that hoping it would help. It identifies the CD as a bootable Linux disc, but if I select it I'm again presented with a black screen.

Has anyone here tried this recently? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm really frustrated since the Mac OS version won't be able to bitstream HD Audio and I can't get the Windows version to work smoothly (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139017), so I was really hoping the Linux version be what I needed. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

I've tried both the Eden stable and the end of July pre-Frodo releases with similar results.
I was able to get this to boot eventually using rEFInd. I don't think I really did anything different, but I regenerated the USB filesystem using unetbootin again and it seems to work. I was able to boot into XBMCbuntu, and had none of the problems I was having with the Windows version.

Looks like I'll be sticking with this implementation.
(2012-08-27, 00:36)gizmotoy Wrote: I was able to get this to boot eventually using rEFInd. I don't think I really did anything different, but I regenerated the USB filesystem using unetbootin again and it seems to work. I was able to boot into XBMCbuntu, and had none of the problems I was having with the Windows version.

Looks like I'll be sticking with this implementation.

I am trying to do the same thing do you have a step by step process on how you got it to work? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Booting XBMCbuntu on Mac Mini?0