HD audio bitstreaming
Hi everyone

I know the answer is here somewhere, but i just cant seem to find it. So im sorry for asking something thats already here on the forums >Confused

My question is simple. Just got my new HTPC parts, and im still not able to bitstream DTS-HD MA and dolby true HD sources in XBMC. What am i doing wrong? Im using Intels DH67CF mobo and a i3 2105 CPU so it sould be plenty to be able to bitstream HD audio. Hope someone can help me fast
You're doing nothing wrong, HD Audio is not supported out of the Box. Search the Forum for HD Audio Patch and you'll find a patched .exe where it will work.
I have builds here for the new AudioEngine branch or here for DanielaE's patch. Both for Windows Vista/7/8.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Aside from the software's that DDDamian suggested, you need to make sure that your AVR supports bitstreaming HD audio and you need to make sure that it connected this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just resently bought a highend AVR reciever from NAD (T757) so im sure it supports it.

@DDDamian: Can you explain to me whats the dirrerence between yours and DanielaE's?
I did try your .exe file DDDamian it works just fine. My AVR shows DTS HD-MA just fine, im just not sure if its "true" or not if your know what i mean. in the info. it says D(audio 1536 KB/S) P(KB/S:5249). Does this mean that it downscales the audio or what? To be honest i dont fully understand that info. Hope you can help me. And thanks so far for the fast answers.

@wiskar - see this thread for some details on the diagnostics info: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70743

That said, it only reports the core stream, so don't worry if it shows 1536kb/s - DTS core. Trust your amp.

I have a couple of builds, one based on AE (the first in my post above) and the other on Daniela's patch (second in post). The difference is pretty large - the AE branch improves mp3 & high-def FLAC output quality as well as providing the bitstreaming as Daniela's does.

Support thread for Windows AE branch: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124600
Support thread for Daniela's patch: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121877

Please post comments or support questions in the relevent one - they are both well-monitored for support. If you could, please let me know which one of the two you're using and your hardware & results in the relevent thread - would be very helpful as both as still very new!

If you're unsure which one you have, the AE branch will have the line "Audiophile mode" in Settings>System>Audio Output - Daniela's patch won't.

Cheers,
Damian
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio bitstreaming0