Win "Volume Muted" OSD
Recently upgraded to Eden. Now when either in the menu's or watching a video the OSD always displays volume muted.
Sound is working and playing, when I check the settings its set to 0db. But this display on the OSD is a little distracting when watching videos.
Anyway to disable it or fix this glitch?
Thanks
(2012-04-01, 19:07)Klyde Wrote: Recently upgraded to Eden. Now when either in the menu's or watching a video the OSD always displays volume muted.
Sound is working and playing, when I check the settings its set to 0db. But this display on the OSD is a little distracting when watching videos.
Anyway to disable it or fix this glitch?
Thanks

I have the same exact issue.
Interesting - don't see it here (Win7 x64)

EDIT: Ahhh - you have the volume control muted (passthrough audio still works). Press the "+" key to raise volume.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Similar problem here ... or better ... even worse problem since I have DTS and AC3 decoder checked and cannot change volume in XBMC so its always muted ... therefore there is always "Volume muted" sign displayed in top right corner ... annoying as hell Smile

I am using default XEBO skin with latest XBMC Eden 11 ...

If I press the "+" key nothing happens and the sound is off ...
Just tried new version (XBMCSetup-20120531-12d9d51-master.exe) ... the sound plays perfectly ... but still there is always "Volume muted" displayed in top left corner while playing videos - which is very disturbing ... so maybe just add "Close forever" to that notification Smile

If this helps ... I am using Windows7 x64 with Logitech z906 speakers that are connected through Optical cable (if I connect with HDMI cable the problem stays)
And you've definitely pressed + to increase the audio.
Yes ... when I press the "+" the top right icon shows msg: "Passtrough audio in use" and then switch back to "Volume muted" ...

I am watching 720p videos with DTS or AC3 support with z906 logitec speakers that have DTS and AC3 decoder ... if that helps ...
Don't play anything and press it.
Check this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130371

If you grab a nightly the issue is fixed there too.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Had the same it's a bug. To get rid of it press F8 F8, to toggle the mute with a keyboard, it helped me[/i]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Volume Muted" OSD0