Linux Full install problem, tiny text
i've run into an issue that hasn't been answered before. I followed the directions to upgrade to Eden completely but after apt-get upgrade a blue window popped up, I said replace files. after than during the next rebooot instead of the xbmc splash i have a purple screen that says ubuntu 10-04 then nforce 2 smbus error. error probing smb2. any tips?

also i ran into no other errors in any part of the installation. Even said XBMC built successfully.

UPDATE: Downloaded the latest version of xbmcubuntu on a cd and trying to install it. My major problem is the text on screen is too small and unreadable during installation, any ways to make it larger?
any other info I can give? is this a driver problem or Huh
anyone?
try
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -f
Can't quite understand what is happening, though...
nothing changed, the splash screen still is the purple ubuntu screen and then it goes straight to the xbmclive login: screen.
I am fine with just starting over, but cant create a bootable usb drive/cd. Any way I can just wipe out whatever screwed up and start again?
UPDATE: Downloaded the latest version of xbmcubuntu on a cd and trying to install it. My major problem is the text on screen is too small and unreadable during installation, any ways to make it larger?
managed to install with tiny text and everything seems ok except for no sound, but i need to take the time to configure prob.
Run setup in 120*120 dpi, had the same problem. Also you might need to change DPI in xorg.conf under the monitor section;

Option "DPI" "96 x 96"

Worked for me on Acer Revo 3610.
i changed the file but it won't let me copy the new file to /etc/x11/
ahhh figured it out... step closer thanks james!
It's permissions I think I did it in command line : sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

You can open your file and just paste it into the one in XBMCBuntu. There must be a nicer way maybe use nano instead of gedit then ctrl-x and yes to save but I'm new to linux like you and that was my workaround at the time. I'm assuming your fonts in terminal are OK as mine were fine....now to find out why I can shut down from the GUI menus...I'm all for abandoning windows (I use OSX now) but c'mon...seems like every time I boot up there is something else to fix
I finally got it done and it is better but some window are still brought up too large for my screen and can't be scrolled (monitor preferences is one). I don't know if I will use xbmcubuntu much but being able to use chromium is a plus and that seems to work without a hitch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full install problem, tiny text0