Win Eden Final - AirPlay issues
I recently went to use the airplay feature in Eden final with a YouTube clip and found the video worked but the sound was static, and then no sound at all.

I tried the same YouTube clip with multiple iDevices and had the same issue. Other YouTube clips played fine, but there were others with the same issue too.

Overwriting Eden final xbmc.exe with the RC2 version resolved the issue.

I think something in the final version broke some AirPlay functionality.

Can anyone else test this and see if they have the same issues please?

Here is the YouTube clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce4reaC4e...ata_player

Thanks.
Its not breaking in airplay. Airplay only transfers the youtube url and XBMC "just" plays it back. So if something is broken between RC2 and Final it has something to do with our DVDPlayer code.

Post an xbmc.log with debugging turned on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,
Here is my log:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25637579/xbmc.log

Thank you.
1. You are using a custom build or so - dedicated to HD-Audio
2. It crashes in the audio thread

Code:
18:32:26 T:3788   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Access violation at 0x004defe0: Reading location 0x12623ef0

Maybe because of the mono2stereo onversion.

This is unrelated to airplay - but something DDDamian has to look into (guess you got his build?!?).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I did also try to original build and experienced the same issue.

However, just tried a fresh install on a different computer and the issue has disappeared.

So I need to work out another way of getting the HD audio support.
And thank you for your help. :-)
Hi Onkytonk - Memphiz asked me to take a look here. The version you are using is the HDAudio patch by DanielaE. I built the RC2 version and Daniela built the Eden final version - can you just confirm if this is an issue with both builds? Is it only with mono files?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi DDDamian,

From my testing the issue is NOT present in your RC2 HDAudio build but only in the Final HDAudio build.

I can only assume that it only occurs with Mono files because it does not happen with all videos.
I'm just not sure how to check 100% on YouTube if it is a mono or a stereo file.
Hi Onkytonk - you would have to use a stream-capture tool, which is a PITA. Will have a look at differences between the two builds. In the meantime. not a lot changed from RC2 to Final, so if RC2's working for you maybe stick with that until we can narrow down the issue.

It would be helpful if you could post a link to a couple of YouTube vids that don't work as we can see more details on debugging than a log will ever show Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
That link in my first post was one that definitely didn't work. There were also suggested videos from that link that gave the same issue.

I have reverted to the standard version of Eden Final just until this gets resolved.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden Final - AirPlay issues0