Xbmcbuntu fails to boot (noob)
Hi guys, my apologies for the following relatively un-detailed question.

Downloaded what i believe to be the most recent version of xbmcbuntu eden (from xbmc.org), burnt the iso to disc.
Then ran it on an old desktop (needs upgrading, but figured it'll do for now).
Install went fine, until system restarts...

The xbmc logo comes up (loading screen?)
Then i get a full screen of text, highlighted lines stating that 'LIRC kernal modules unable to load please check contents of' ...
At this point system is completely unresponsive, i can only reboot.

Tried re-installing from same disk, also downloaded iso again and burnt new disk to try, still with no luck.

Because the system is completely unresponsive i'm unable to check anything!

Not sure of system spec, i believe its an AMD chip with about 1gb of ram (can get more detailed if needed)

Would really like to get this running, otherwise i guess i'll just put xp back on the machine and start from there Confused

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jace
I had a similar issue. I didn't care for the desktop environment that XBMCBuntu offers, so I opted to install XBMC-Live (Dharma 10.1) and just update XBMC to Eden from there. LIRC absolutely refused to play nice when I was trying to get XBMCBuntu up and running for some reason...
XBMCbuntu {Frodo} - Ubuntu 12.04 (Main):
Intel Q6600 [2.4GHz Quad Core], 4GB DDR3, nVidia GT-210, Antec Fusion Case (iMon LCD), PS3 BD Remote

XBMC Live {Frodo} - Ubuntu 10.04 (Bedroom): Intel Atom D510 [1.66GHz Dual Core], ION Graphics, 2GB DDR2, PS3 BD Remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu fails to boot (noob)0