only 5 episodes out of 2TB of tv& movies show up
There really is no helping people. It really makes no difference to me.

If you actually tried what I suggested, you would see it works. The example I gave matches your example perfectly and I even went to the trouble of taking the time to recreate your named example (Ancient Aliens) on my test system to confirm it worked.

Quite honestly I'm not sure what your issue. If you want to resolve the issue, use the example given. It will work. If it doesn't and you have other issues, learn some basic manners and post in a more helpful way.

Other wise I can only assuming you are trolling.

As for breaking down how regexps work no, I won't spoon feed that to you. The wiki guide explains what we look for and how it works and gives a multitude of examples, if you want to learn more google is your friend.

(2012-04-02, 23:01)john.doe Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 15:56)prae5 Wrote: Whilst I can understand your frustration to a degree, you atitude is doing nothing to make people to want to help you.

(2012-04-02, 14:32)john.doe Wrote: i have 22 tv series. mostly all HD. EVERYTHING is labeled as follows

F:\TV Shows\Ancient Aliens\Season 1\01 Chariots, Gods, and Beyond.mkv

i do not have any tv series that has any seasons or episodes displaying. theres maybe 4 random episodes that have the sxxexx in them simply cuz i havent organized them yet.
and renaming anything defeats the whole purpose of organizing my library anyway. its as close to perfect as you can get so i dont intend to alter 2TB of files just to work with xbmc
No one is saying you have to rename or reorganise anything. However, what you seem to be failing to see is that whilst your library may be as close to perfect as you can get, it is not a common organisation scenario for the bulk of our user base, hence the reason why your library is not being scanned.

This is not XBMC's fault.

Equally, when presented with a solution you have done nothing with it. The wiki article posted earlier gives an example that would work perfectly with your file naming and organisation scenario, in fact it is the very first example given!

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

Specifically:
You can make your own naming conventions / rules by adding or editing regular expressions in the advancedsettings.xml file, with the tvshowmatching tag. When enumerating episodes for a series, XBMC only cares about the season and episode, so when designing regexps you should only be concerned with these things.

Here are several common naming schemes and corresponding regexps and examples.
\Season #\## (Season# is at very end of directory name, and filename starts with episode name, neither have to be a specific number of digits) :

Code:
<tvshowmatching>
     <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Example : \Battlestar Galactica\Season 3\01 - Occupation.avi (Season 3, Episode 1)

If you put half as much effort into trying to resolve your problem as you did ranting about it, then you really would have had no reason to rant.

oh, too bad your too caught up trying to protect your forum to read. I think they can handle it. either way thats not how my library is set up. i applaud your intense problem solving skills.

Quote:Or you know, you could use file mode and just ignore scanning.
once again, this defeats the entire purpose of me using XBMC. if i want file view, ill use explorer, end of story. i dont really know why you tried to "contribute" there. dont really need to say anything else i cant see how you think thats even remotely logical

what you dont seem to realize is you just spat out the opposite of what i already said (first guy.) first of all like i said thats not even my library setup, and second of all, you cant simply go edit that file without any prior knowedge

[\._ ]
([0-9]+)
[\\/]
([0-9]+)
[^\\/]*

what do any of those mean? you cant sit here and tell me i can edit it to my liking when there are no laymans terms. maybe if you want to explain to me what every little bit of that is, we could do this. but no your not gonna do that. there is nothing to explain to me how that code represents "\Battlestar Galactica\Season 3\01 - Occupation.avi (Season 3, Episode 1)" . i cant just go into that data and pick out the "-" . if it was written as text then yeah, itd take two seconds but its not. the average user, as you say these are based around, has no intention to reverse engineer your software

EDIT: lol, i decided to change one season to that exact format and even then im in a worse spot than i was before. i didnt realize ancient aliens was at all related to "Formula 1 Season review" from 1950. splendid
also i read that article many times. if you can pick out somewhere in that wiki that shows what all these things represent, id be impressed. or i guess id just appreciate you going to add every one in there because they are definately not on your wiki. defeats the purpose of having one id think

So you complain that XBMC doesn't work with the way you WANT to organize stuff.

Then you complain about not using Explorer, which works with the way you WANT to organize stuff.

You either get Sickbeard (or any number of pieces of software), rename it the "RIGHT" way, make NFO files and be done with it or you don't get the files in XBMC. It's that simple.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Sickbeard

/thread
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
thanks a lot jmarshall and Prae5.... i really dont know what the difference was but for some reason yours worked (jmarshall) . i did a few reinstalls inbetween so may have moved it to the wrong location at some point or something

Basically one of my few cleanup questions now is how can i fetch movie information from multiple sources? ive added documentaries to the movies scraper, and the large majority of the single documentaries work fine (havent tried any series' yet, like planet earth) but theres maybe 4 or so that don't.

That was on IMDB, so i switched back to the default. and it essentially got everything else, but now none of the ones i originally had working are proper. can i fetch the information for individual movies from different sources? i find if it has nothing assigned automatically, i can choose (i believe, iirc) but once it puts the wrong data in there there seems to be no way to get it out. any ideas?

(2012-04-03, 00:38)darkscout Wrote: So you complain that XBMC doesn't work with the way you WANT to organize stuff.

Then you complain about not using Explorer, which works with the way you WANT to organize stuff.

You either get Sickbeard (or any number of pieces of software), rename it the "RIGHT" way, make NFO files and be done with it or you don't get the files in XBMC. It's that simple.

lol as for you you can just peace out of here. no need for you here. its more than obviously you have 0 technical help to provide and its also more than obvious that tiny little noggin of yours cant even fathom the basic concept im going for. no need to bother with you

PS: if you really think S01E05 Episode name here is the "right" way (by that i strictly mean by visual appeal and organization) you should try again lol. if you dont agree i dont really care, the concept is that im not gonna go alter my whole system to suit this program. but yeah we established that you cant process that with your peanut

You can assign scrapers on a per-folder basis (just set content on the folder in question) which can also apply to individual movies (assuming they're in their own folders), though I'd tend to only recommend this when you absolutely have to. You can also use .nfo files to do the same thing, though some scrapers can handle .nfo files pointing to other sites (eg themoviedb.org can recognise and deal with imdb URLs) - again, something I don't bother with personally.

However, it makes a lot of sense to separate out things that are clearly different (eg Documentaries) from movies on your filesystem if that's what you want to do. It depends on whether the documentary makes sense as a movie (eg Earth the movie) or as a tv-series (Planet Earth the BBC series).

For the most part I'd personally keep documentaries separate when they're not obviously movies or tvshows, and just use files view for them in that case - others may well differ. The nice thing about Eden is you can browse your content directly in Files view, organised by your filesystem and you still get full metadata for content that has been scanned (as well as stacking down of folders that represent movies etc.)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah i was kinda feeling like i could only do it in seperate folders. ill look into the nfo stuff.

as for documentaries, i just have them inside movies for convenience of windows 7 libraries, aswell as how i have all my data divided over the 1TB drives. i can seperate them without hassle, but im guessing it's a no-go on the seperate category?

by that i mean on the home screen, having Movies, TV Shows, and then a new section for documentaries. im guessing thats either a skin related thing or a non changable program feature?

EDIT: new question:

tbh i simply dont really like the player built into xbmc that much. honestly the only two things that bother me are the lack of a slim seek bar @ the bottom and that i cant change volume via my scroll wheel on my mouse. is it possible to make them open in mediaplayer classic? i only really intend to use xbmc as a way to present all my content, not actually play it
(2012-04-03, 02:13)john.doe Wrote: its more than obviously you have 0 technical help to provide and its also more than obvious that tiny little noggin of yours cant even fathom the basic concept im going for.

Oh how quaint. Someone who thinks I lack technical knowledge.

(2012-04-03, 02:46)john.doe Wrote: i simply dont really like the player built into xbmc that much. honestly the only two things that bother me are the lack of a slim seek bar @ the bottom and that i cant change volume via my scroll wheel on my mouse. is it possible to make them open in mediaplayer classic? i only really intend to use xbmc as a way to present all my content, not actually play it

Coming from the person who can't seem to figure out there are different skins that make the seek bar look different and the keymappings.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
lol not even slightly concerned, that was the assumption, or add-ons, just havent got that far yet. Laugh
Is there a way to apply strictly one type of movie information to an item?

for example - the TV Series Survivorman. it shows up all properly except theres nothing inside the description. i tried taking another of my .nfo files and leaving just the plot stuff in there, but no luck.
is it possible to add a description & Not interfere with the other current info?

edit: anyone know a good source for Dragon Ball Z / GT aswell as The Boondocks?

dragon ball z is in the TVDB, but always appears as that formula 1 racing crap. theres definately some sort of flaw in that scraper, theres no way it's tried to name three different series that for no reason. if i try any of the other anime sources they appear as a tons of random obscure anime shows
If you want to override just a little bit of information, then you use a mixed .nfo file and just put in the bits you want to override. A search of the wiki (using google if necessary) should give you the details - basically you need to drop in the URL so the scraper can find the rest.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

And refresh the shows that don't show up properly - this allows you to choose the correct one. If something is clearly not showing up properly, then the Debug Log will tell you what it's looking up and what it's returning.

sweet thanks, now that i notice, downloading the fanart and everything put a fair amount of extra files in my folders. just bugs me cuz with organization comes the cleanliness so it just bugs the shit out of me lol. its not too hard to change them to hidden files, but is there a way to have the program do that on its own? just gonna take a while to individually do them on in cmd prompt, so i wanna be sure before i start this endeavourHuh
Sure, XBMC will drop art and .nfo files into your folders if you export your library to separate files.

Just use Media Centre Master. It's idiot proof and will sort all of your TV Shows / naming convention out. Also, if some of your shows are being scraped incorrectly, MCM will enable you to input the correct thetvdb.com code and it will correctly scan media

XBMC is absolutely superb, it has correctly catalogued all 22TB of my data, with very few mistakes (ones easily rectified!)

Read through the Wiki if you have problems or ask on the forum (politely!!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
only 5 episodes out of 2TB of tv& movies show up0