The code is available here:
Create an addon that allows the user to synchronize data between one master (server) XBMC instance and multiple client instances.
- The addon shall allow the user to specify the frequency of updates.
- The addon shall allow the user to specify which data to synchronize.
- The addon needs to be installed on both the server and client instances.
- Don't use this with anything that is a symlink or a path replacement in advanced settings.
- You must have one, and only one, instance where the "Mode" setting is "Server". On that instance, you must Allow control of XBMC via HTTP in the network settings.
- Only data for the master profile and common data will be synchronized.
- Mode - Server or Client
- IP Address - Only available for client instances, refers to the IP address of the Server instance.
- Port - Only available for client instances, refers to the HTTP port of the Server instance.
- Items to Sync - options only available when mode is client
- Media Sources - both sources.xml and mediasources.xml
- Addons - addons folder, addons database and userdata/addon_data
- RSS - RssFeeds.xml
- Schedule - options only available when mode is client
- Period - Sets the base frequency for pulls from the server instance. Can be Hour, Day or Week
- Hourly Frequency - How often to pull the data. Only available if the Period = Hour
- Day of the Week - Which day to pull the data. Only available if the Period = Week
- Staring Hour - When the period is Day or Week, this is the hour at which the data is pulled. When the period is hour, this the the seed hour, and will be incrrmented by the Hourly Frequency setting.
- Staring Minute - The minutes after the hour when the data is pulled.