[RELEASE - BETA] service.datasync
I got this to work once, but everytime since then I get the script failed error on XBMC startup. Here is part of the log:

Code:
00:28:22 T:8312    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
00:28:22 T:8312   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
00:28:22 T:8312   ERROR: Error Contents: (2, 'The system cannot find the file specified', 'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.aeon.nox\\media\\flags\\music\\recordlabel\\Rosenst+\xa6rm.png')
00:28:22 T:8312   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.datasync\default.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                functions.writeFileList(source_path,file_path,root_dir,0)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.datasync\resources\lib\functions.py", line 38, in writeFileList
                                                pickle.dump(getFilesAsDic(FilePath,TrimPath),outfile)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.datasync\resources\lib\functions.py", line 16, in getFilesAsDic
                                                file_time = os.path.getmtime(file_name)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\genericpath.py", line 54, in getmtime
                                                return os.stat(filename).st_mtime
                                            WindowsError: (2, 'The system cannot find the file specified', 'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\addons\\skin.aeon.nox\\media\\flags\\music\\recordlabel\\Rosenst+\xa6rm.png')
00:28:22 T:8312    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
00:28:22 T:8312    INFO: Python script stopped
00:28:22 T:8312   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 8312 terminating
00:28:22 T:81264   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 1 to stop
00:28:22 T:81264   DEBUG: python thread 1 destructed

Here is the full log:

http://pastesite.com/36845

I am running the latest zip from github.
is this addon still being developed?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-05-29, 20:26)rflores2323 Wrote: is this addon still being developed?

Not actively right now, way too busy in the real world. I hope to get back to it in the next week or two, to address some of the outstanding issues. At that point I will be submitting it to the official repository. In the mean time, please feel free to branch the code and submit back any changes to me in Github.
(2012-05-29, 21:14)DecK Wrote:
(2012-05-29, 20:26)rflores2323 Wrote: is this addon still being developed?

Not actively right now, way too busy in the real world. I hope to get back to it in the next week or two, to address some of the outstanding issues. At that point I will be submitting it to the official repository. In the mean time, please feel free to branch the code and submit back any changes to me in Github.

Looking forward - this has a ton of promise; thumbnail sharing on a Shared-Library setup, for instance, is a vast performance enhancer...

Great job so far, man!
Hey there!

In first, thank you for this addon!

One Question: In the register "schedule" there is an option called "next run". How to enable it? Or is this a feature-to-come?

Greetings to all
Tobi
This is a really great looking add on! Will be trying it with my raspberry pi soon!

Hope to see this in the official repo!
(2012-12-13, 06:49)skabyss Wrote: This is a really great looking add on! Will be trying it with my raspberry pi soon!

Hope to see this in the official repo!

While this addon does have great potential for people not running mysql type setups to still get some syncing between instances - please be careful when attempting to try this out.

If you check the git repo there has not been any development on this for 7-8 months. Since then a lot has changed in the xbmc core structure. You no longer need to sync thumbnail images between hosts, each xbmc instance keeps its own cache. The addon also has many hardcoded values - like the Textures9 database - that point to versions that are no longer in use. I'm sure with some cleanup work this could be gotten to work, but the fact that it is outdated a bit is probably why it isn't in the official repo right now.
Rob
You're correct. Once I saw that thumbnail syncing was to be part of the Frodo release I stopped working on this. It did what I needed it to do for Eden, but would be largely redundant for Frodo.I never did submit it to the repo.
If anyone wants to take it up, please feel free.
Will this addon work on Gotham also?

Would be nice to have an option to exclude certain addons and addon_data from being synced, for example boblight addon, that i don't want to have synced between boxes.

Edit:
It doesn't support user authentication does it?
I'm not sure if this addon will work with Gotham. It was designed for Eden originally so the code is probably rather old.

Most of this functionality can be accomplished with MySQL, the image caching functionality of Frodo + and path substitution in an advanced settings file. Not sure if a syncing addon is really necessary anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE - BETA] service.datasync1