Clean install on XBMC Ubuntu
Hi All

I'm a complete noob when it comes to Linux, so please be patient with me lol,

I have a 1 TB drive (2 partitions), 900 gig is allocated for all my media, the other 100 gb for the OS and other applications (previously W7).

I have downloaded the iso file for XBMC Ubuntu and have come across a problem.

That is that I want to do a fresh install on the 100gb partition, whilst leaving the 900gb alone.

But when I select the option to install it clean, it recognises the whole 1TB. Obviously I don't want to delete all the media I have on it, so how can I go about just using the 100gb partition to install it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wiggo
The install clean option is designed to use the whole drive. You can either use one of the other options and specify which partition it should use or use the advanced partition manager, just make sure you are sure what its doing before you click continue. Unfortunately don't have the iso to hand till i get back home.
When the installer gets to the partitioning section, I think the last option is "Something Else" or "Something Different", or it's close to that. That's the one you need to check the radio button on. When you check that option and hit next, it should take you to the partitioning tool. From there you should be able to choose your 100GB partition, the filesystem, mountpoint, and if you want it formatted or not. You should also be able to carve out a few GB for a swap partition as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean install on XBMC Ubuntu0