XBMCBuntu drive mount
Hello,

I installed XBMCBuntu Eden on a 16GB flash drive. Booting and running from that.
I have a 500 GB hard drive for my storage, at least until I have $$$ to upgrade it..

I attempt to use it as a media source, but XBMC does recognize or see the drive.
I assume it must need to be mounted. How would I go about doing that?
I'm not very Linux savvy, so step by step would be appreciated.

Thanks,
You can install a tool. It´s called "pysdm". That helps me to get my HDD´s automatically mountet.

Log in into XBMCbuntu and search for the package with the package installer. Install it, run it, select sda1 (the drive maybe different, it also might be called sdb or something else) an on the right side in the window there had to be a button called "mount". Klick it, reboot an your drive should be mountet in /media/sda1(or something else)..

This might help you too:

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/pysdm-graphica...nager.html

or this:

http://ubuntuguide.net/pysdm-simple-gui-...at-startup

Greetings
Excellent! I will try that. Thanks!
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have both cards picking up in TVheadend and have mapped their services on both cards so just assumed that was correct.

Last night I was doing some more recording testing and things seemed to be going ok, files were not mysteriously disapearing and I was able to watch one program and record the other.

I also may have solved e other issue of why when recording a program and I go to watch it nothing happens. My recording location is on a second drive. When I went to watch a recording of match of the day 2 from last nit this morning the media center booted up from a shutdown state and when nothing was playing I checked the file browser and it still couldn't see it. My diagnoses was that it wasn't mounting the second drive in boot up. After looking in the location in xbmcbuntu and the go back into xbmc I could watch the file. I will look into how I auto mount a drive on boot up tonight for xbmcbuntu and carry on with my testing.

Thanks for your help this far. Will keep everyone posted.
please help me....I newbie. I just installed XBMCbuntu and I can't see my other drive. I read that I've to mount it but I don't know how because I've not installed ubuntu but xbmcbuntu only.
Otherwise, I try to install pysdm but if I try with cmd+f3 and with "sudo apt-get install pysdm" It can't found it.
Could somebody help me step by step? thank you.
I solved by my self. Thank you.
Care to share what you did so others in a similar situation in the future may benefit from your solution? Thanks.
I just edit fstab manually but for do I had too many problems because when I put sudo password It say that It's wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu drive mount0