Linux XBMCBuntu - 1080p not fullscreen (blue bars)
Hi everyone,

I have an HP DV7 which like all HPs seem to inevitably do broke down. The battery wont charge because the charging mosfet died. Since this computer is no longer usable as a laptop it has become an HTPC.

I have been running OPENELEC on it for a while with a resolution of 1600x900 which was the maximum usable screensize because of the LCD size.

I just switched it over to XBMCBuntu to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised when i was able to disable the laptop monitor and set the screen size to 1080p. I then went to launch XBMC from within the desktop without logging out and everything was beautiful, imagine my excitement.

I then went to log out and log back into the xbmc console directly and the computer still outputs 1080p and the xbmc gui says its in 1080x1920 @ 60Htz but i have a large blue bar down the right and bottom of the screen that looks to possibly be the XBMCButnu background. Any ideas?

For now i will just use xbmc from within the desktop but i would like to be able to launch straight to xbmc in full hd.

Thanks so much for any input and solutions.

Craig
ok well it looks like I'm going back to openelec. I love the idea of being able to use linux in the background but I cant get the CPU usage below 100%

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCBuntu - 1080p not fullscreen (blue bars)0