• 11(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
If the problem also exists in 2.0 then I´m not too sure how we can fix this. will be looked at. didn´t recognize that till now (but I´m using SSDs so this is perhaps not representative)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-10, 10:38)phil65 Wrote: If the problem also exists in 2.0 then I´m not too sure how we can fix this. will be looked at. didn´t recognize that till now (but I´m using SSDs so this is perhaps not representative)

No, it happens in 2.0 stable. Not in 2.0 SVN.

SVN 1332353376 works like a charm. I'm also using an SSD, so that's not the problem. It is only an E350, so it doesn't have a very powerfull cpu.

In regards to the black bar on the fanart on the homescreen, it's bigger than that. All the fanart everywhere is placed too high. The top falls off the screen and the bottom is placed too high.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2012-04-10, 11:37)Raytestrak Wrote: In regards to the black bar on the fanart on the homescreen, it's bigger than that. All the fanart everywhere is placed too high. The top falls off the screen and the bottom is placed too high.

That was a temporary error in the code. Phil65 fixed it very quickly, but shortly after today's SVN was released. You can make a git pull now, or wait until tomorrow's release for the fix.
Love the new skin great work guys very usable especially the infowall view as good which saves me from hitting right 10 times. Is there a way to disable the backgroud panel in version 2.0 like you have done in 3.0 version?
(2012-04-10, 16:48)bigbodiehard Wrote: Love the new skin great work guys very usable especially the infowall view as good which saves me from hitting right 10 times. Is there a way to disable the backgroud panel in version 2.0 like you have done in 3.0 version?

no
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Im surprised version 3.0 is WIP it's been working great for me no bugs no crashes. How to get rid of the text at the top that says window:addonbrowser so Ican use 3.0as my default skin?
(2012-04-10, 18:26)bigbodiehard Wrote: Im surprised version 3.0 is WIP it's been working great for me no bugs no crashes. How to get rid of the text at the top that says window:addonbrowser so Ican use 3.0as my default skin?

If I understand correctly it will be fixed in the next SVN update, already fixed on Git?
this won´t be "fixed" as it is intentional for now.
To get rid of the debugging code at the top you can edit the addon.xml file in the skin's folder
Find the line that says
debugging="true"
and change it to
debugging="false"
Reload/Restart

However, you'll need to delete the file before doing another GiT pull and make the change again until Phil is done with it and reverts it back to false as default.
(2012-04-10, 18:52)Rygrath Wrote: To get rid of the debugging code at the top you can edit the addon.xml file in the skin's folder
Find the line that says
debugging="true"
and change it to
debugging="false"
Reload/Restart

However, you'll need to delete the file before doing another GiT pull and make the change again until Phil is done with it and reverts it back to false as default.
Thanks so much. Now how do you get rid of None on the main menu?
(2012-04-10, 19:18)bigbodiehard Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 18:52)Rygrath Wrote: To get rid of the debugging code at the top you can edit the addon.xml file in the skin's folder
Find the line that says
debugging="true"
and change it to
debugging="false"
Reload/Restart

Thanks so much. Now how do you get rid of None on the main menu?

Install 2.0 from XBMC repo or have some weeks patience until everything is working again like they are intending to Rolleyes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What Martijn said. You can't get rid of the None. Phil has said a few times now that heavy work is going into Widgets and it's going to be broken for a while. So, at this point, probably best you go back to 2.0. Any changes you do to "fix" what's intentionally broken will only be overwritten the next time you update. Addon.xml is one thing, going into code just to get rid of a "none" is quite another.

Anyways, 3.0 is Work in Progress, things will be broken and fixed for a bit until they work everything out. I only run it on my desktop pc as a test bed. Wouldn't run 3.0 on the main setup that gets used by everyone, too unstable at this point.
Good advice, I'm going back to 2.0 for now. Have to say though it's nice to get a peek at what's round the corner, great work all of you Cool The future of Nox is bright.
Thumbs Up 
If you update git now you will loose all your custom menu items Sad
But you will get a shiny new customizer in return in which you can activate playlist widgets if the item is set to playlist or any other widget you please. The custom menu items can be anything you want Big Grin

Reason I post this is that it needs testing preferably with all 9 custom items and with widgets. So please test this new functionality and provide some feedback if you can Smile

Custom submenus for custom items will return shortly Angel
Oh and the customizer is also changed for the regular items. You can now set every widget for any menu item and any sort background for every menu item. Please test Big Grin
(2012-04-10, 22:57)Big_Noid Wrote: If you update git now you will loose all your custom menu items Sad
But you will get a shiny new customizer in return in which you can activate playlist widgets if the item is set to playlist or any other widget you please. The custom menu items can be anything you want Big Grin

Reason I post this is that it needs testing preferably with all 9 custom items and with widgets. So please test this new functionality and provide some feedback if you can Smile

Custom submenus for custom items will return shortly Angel
Oh and the customizer is also changed for the regular items. You can now set every widget for any menu item and any sort background for every menu item. Please test Big Grin

didn´t think that we would get that done that fast, but it was worth the effort. now no more complaints about home menu customizability please Big Grin
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07