• 92(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2012-05-12, 03:32)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 22:37)kanedamgm Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 16:32)kanedamgm Wrote: Ok I admit I didn't delete the add-onBig Grin but disabling it did nothing other than make it hang at start-up.

So uninstalling the xbmc intro movie addon doesn't stop nox from trying to play the video at startup

of course it does. no addon = no intro video.

True no video plays but the skin still tries to play one.

(2012-05-12, 15:20)kanedamgm Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 03:32)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 22:37)kanedamgm Wrote: So uninstalling the xbmc intro movie addon doesn't stop nox from trying to play the video at startup

of course it does. no addon = no intro video.

True no video plays but the skin still tries to play one.

When Nox starts you will see a spinning animation that plays while the recently added and other scripts load. Is this what you are seeing? If so it has nothing to do with the intro addon.

How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-05-12, 14:46)Plirus Wrote: I guess I'm needing some help here. I've read through every post on here, but I still must be doing something wrong. I want to have a custom item on home screen for my unwatched television shows with a classic widget. I've set up my smart playlist like so.

Then I set up the custom item like this:

Now when I'm at the home screen this is what I get:

The background cycles art for latest episodes and selecting the item will pull up my unwatched episodes list as it should, but the widget never appears. I'm currently on latest git of 3.0. I'm not sure if there is a setting along the way I'm missing or what. I've tried a couple of different playlists, created entirely new playlists, but each time I can't get a widget to display. I am selecting the "Latest Episodes (VPL)" since my screenshot doesn't show that.

just tested, eveything workin here.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-12, 14:03)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 19:43)phil65 Wrote: you have to press m when inside visualisation screen and then enter the visualisation settings....
and you should set all radioboxes in artist slideshow plugin settings.

Thanks for your help Phil.
If you're talking about the button with the gear icon on my screeshot below, the problem is that I can't acces the corresponding menu.
The button is inactive as I press enter. I guess it is supposed to be active isn't it ?

The Visualization Presets button (eye icon) leads me to a blank screen :

And the Audio Visualization button shows that I have no visualisation plugin activated

Really appreciate the time you dedicate to my issue.
(2012-05-12, 19:52)rolapinou Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 19:43)phil65 Wrote: you have to press m when inside visualisation screen and then enter the visualisation settings....

Thanks for your help Phil.
If you're talking about the button with the gear icon on my screeshot below, the problem is that I can't acces the corresponding menu.
The button is inactive as I press enter. I guess it is supposed to be active isn't it ?

second one from right. not possible that it is deactivated.
and if you mean the plugin settings, press c when focussing slideshow plugin ind addon browser and choose "settings"
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
I edited my previous postwith more screeshots but you answer quicker ;-)

About the radio button, I tried it before but gave it another shot

With those settings :

Here is the result :

Un-checking the radio button called "Flip CD Cover to show artist slideshow" I have at least the cover of the album and the corresponding CDart but still a blanck square area next to the Artist Info.

i wonder how often i have to quote myself....
(2012-05-12, 20:52)phil65 Wrote:

i wonder how often i have to quote myself....

Sorry, as English in not my mother tongue, sometimes I have trouble in understanding.
I though you were talking about radioboxes that I accessed while pressing the m button.
Does the artist slideshow plugin settings you're talking about are the fallowing ones ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tried checking all the radio-buttons and it does give a better result.

I set a fallback folder

It doesn't help.

Thanks for your patience mate
(2012-05-12, 19:19)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 14:46)Plirus Wrote: I guess I'm needing some help here. I've read through every post on here, but I still must be doing something wrong. I want to have a custom item on home screen for my unwatched television shows with a classic widget. I've set up my smart playlist like so.

The background cycles art for latest episodes and selecting the item will pull up my unwatched episodes list as it should, but the widget never appears. I'm currently on latest git of 3.0. I'm not sure if there is a setting along the way I'm missing or what. I've tried a couple of different playlists, created entirely new playlists, but each time I can't get a widget to display. I am selecting the "Latest Episodes (VPL)" since my screenshot doesn't show that.

I have a somewhat similar issue. I've created a playlist which only has unwatched episodes. Next, I'm trying to add a custom main menu item - just like the screenshots above. I can choose a widget, but when I select the 'Latest episodes' widget, the widget will show the regular latest episodes, which sounds just fine, but I would like to have the widget show the episodes from the playlist - as in: the episodes that are unwatched...

Hope this makes sense Wink

By the way; after spending time with other skins, I truly believe Nox 3.0 is by far the best in customization without all the hassle; it just works and all options are available where you'd expect them. So really: great work!
(2012-05-12, 22:52)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 19:19)phil65 Wrote:

I have a somewhat similar issue. I've created a playlist which only has unwatched episodes. Next, I'm trying to add a custom main menu item - just like the screenshots above. I can choose a widget, but when I select the 'Latest episodes' widget, the widget will show the regular latest episodes, which sounds just fine, but I would like to have the widget show the episodes from the playlist - as in: the episodes that are unwatched...

By the way; after spending time with other skins, I truly believe Nox 3.0 is by far the best in customization without all the hassle; it just works and all options are available where you'd expect them. So really: great work!

that´s what i´m thinkin too Wink
you have to select widget fanart to get what you want.

EDIT: oops, thaught you were talkin about bgs... bn´s post explains it.
(2012-05-12, 22:52)mikkelnl Wrote: I have a somewhat similar issue. I've created a playlist which only has unwatched episodes. Next, I'm trying to add a custom main menu item - just like the screenshots above. I can choose a widget, but when I select the 'Latest episodes' widget, the widget will show the regular latest episodes, which sounds just fine, but I would like to have the widget show the episodes from the playlist - as in: the episodes that are unwatched...

This is already possible with the randomandlastitems script from passion repo. After installation new widgets will pop up for custom menu items.
(2012-05-12, 22:52)mikkelnl Wrote: By the way; after spending time with other skins, I truly believe Nox 3.0 is by far the best in customization without all the hassle; it just works and all options are available where you'd expect them. So really: great work!
Those two things were main goals for 3.0.0, customization and usability, so I'm glad you think that worked out.

(2012-05-12, 23:15)Big_Noid Wrote: This is already possible with the randomandlastitems script from passion repo. After installation new widgets will pop up for custom menu items.
Edit: Got the script running, and the new widgets are there! However, now I seem to have the same issue as the person before: the widget remains empty...... The VPL does have episodes in it, but the Latest Episode VPL widget shows nothing...

And I get a popup error saying randomandlastitem.py failed.

I guess I'm doing something wrong here Smile
Debug log will tell whats wrong and if its something we can fix in the skin.
(2012-05-12, 23:27)mikkelnl Wrote:
(2012-05-12, 23:15)Big_Noid Wrote: This is already possible with the randomandlastitems script from passion repo. After installation new widgets will pop up for custom menu items.
Edit: Got the script running, and the new widgets are there! However, now I seem to have the same issue as the person before: the widget remains empty...... The VPL does have episodes in it, but the Latest Episode VPL widget shows nothing...

And I get a popup error saying randomandlastitem.py failed.

I guess I'm doing something wrong here Smile

you´re probably not using the latest GIT version. i think i fixed almost every bug concerning custom items yesterday.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07