• 12(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Damn, this is slick.

I have the menu filled up with 7 custom items. I couldn't think of what else I could need heh. Overall the custom items are working and starting up the playlists, video/music addons, favorites and whatever else I could think of using. The Custom option is fantastic. Widgets for the most part are working.

The Featured Music widget didn't seem to show anything under Featured or Latest boxes and the box in the middle (random album?) didn't start any music when hitting OK on it.

Seems Featured Movie widget is missing from the list of widgets to choose from (Featured TV Widget works great).

When you choose a single image for a background. The preview image that it shows doesn't fit in the box properly. It takes a good portion of the right hand side of the custom menu box, covers up the Background Path dialog

And this question is mostly about aesthetics. The window that displays the available widgets, will they be getting thumbs? I noticed they are in a type of icon layout, but it's only text bottom aligned. Maybe go with a typical list type layout, make it easier to see them all?

Overall quite good after a fast tinkering with it. I'm going to go back in and mess with it some more. Great work guys, there's so much flexibility with this it's making me sit here and think how to use it to it's full potential. 9 custom items is a lot, especially if you toss in the sub-menus.
(How many times can you say widget in a post? Big Grin)
(2012-04-11, 00:21)Rygrath Wrote: Damn, this is slick.

I have the menu filled up with 7 custom items. I couldn't think of what else I could need heh. Overall the custom items are working and starting up the playlists, video/music addons, favorites and whatever else I could think of using. The Custom option is fantastic. Widgets for the most part are working.

The Featured Music widget didn't seem to show anything under Featured or Latest boxes and the box in the middle (random album?) didn't start any music when hitting OK on it.

Seems Featured Movie widget is missing from the list of widgets to choose from (Featured TV Widget works great).

When you choose a single image for a background. The preview image that it shows doesn't fit in the box properly. It takes a good portion of the right hand side of the custom menu box, covers up the Background Path dialog

And this question is mostly about aesthetics. The window that displays the available widgets, will they be getting thumbs? I noticed they are in a type of icon layout, but it's only text bottom aligned. Maybe go with a typical list type layout, make it easier to see them all?

Overall quite good after a fast tinkering with it. I'm going to go back in and mess with it some more. Great work guys, there's so much flexibility with this it's making me sit here and think how to use it to it's full potential. 9 custom items is a lot, especially if you toss in the sub-menus.
(How many times can you say widget in a post? Big Grin)

yes, the new system is sooooooooooo unbelievably much better than before in terms of flexibility. and, perhaps as important as the flexibility for the user, it makes things so much easier for us as developers. unbelievable that such a spontaneous idea can change so much for us in 24 hours perhaps.
the aesthetical bugs are all known, we´ll work on that. i only made a rough layout when i created the whole stuff yesterday. it was only about functionality.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Figured as much about the aesthetics Smile

I've been sitting here making up various playlists and profiles coming up with ideas on how to use this. Nice touch allowing us to use custom labels on everything including the default stuff like Movies, TV Shows, etc.

Also having all this on a per item basis instead of the old setup screens filled with options is a lot cleaner and more intuitive. Everything that pertains to the menu item you are working on is in one little window.

I just did a pull and saw BN did more widget fixes. Featured Music Widget still isn't populating with anything

Hoping to see Featured Movies widget make a return, having that and one for TV shows was a great idea.
featured movies should be available. if not, then we have to bugfix.
featured music isn´t ready yet. big_noid works on the panel widgets mainly, didn´t take a deeper look into that. but i´m pretty sure that I´ll also create a customizer for the middle widget to choose all kind of stuff. as i said, the new system makes possibilies endless

EDIT: btw, you´re not using lower mainmenu option. do you really prefer that? we discussed to removed that option to make place for bigger widgets.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Yeah, in the living room, when sitting on the couch it puts the menu at eye level. Some here have less than stellar eyesight and when I moved it down to the bottom they complained it was harder to read (made no sense to me either). And they don't always want to wear their glasses when sitting back watching a show.

That said, if lowering the menu allows for bigger widgets that may be a good compromise. As of now, I can see how you guys are limited with the screen cut in half with the menu going across it. I can see lowering the menu and having a larger Featured type panel widget. Aeon meets Metro, it's a good match. I'm actually going to go lower it with the widgets as they are and see how it looks on the big screen.

I should also clarify the featured movie widget. I'm referring to the movie panel widget. I assumed it's called Featured Movie Widget since the TV panel is called Featured TV Widget. Going through the list of widgets I don't see one called Featured Movies Widget. I see LatestMovies and RandomMovies
yes, that´s the intention. but when i think about it again, it would be easy to only make the big widgets available for lower main menu Big Grin
damn, this new system is so great. great. great. i cannot repeat that often enough. compare the settings part now with the 2.0 settings part Big Grin
btw, featuredmovies is available again.
(2012-04-11, 01:35)phil65 Wrote: yes, that´s the intention. but when i think about it again, it would be easy to only make the big widgets available for lower main menu Big Grin
damn, this new system is so great. great. great. i cannot repeat that often enough. compare the settings part now with the 2.0 settings part Big Grin

Heh, best of both worlds option. Since you know if you go and make the menu lower only the feedback will be rather um.. excitable?Wink

It's pretty awesome to see how exciting the new system is. Sure it'll get some new ideas going in the near future Laugh

EDIT: Just pulled, Featured Movies is there and working, thanks guys!
On the navigation tips on the main menu. If you have Featured Panels on, did you want to show a arrow indication which direction to press to go to the panel? Right now it just shows the down-arrow for Submenu. When you go to the featured panel, you then see the Up-arrow tip to navigate. Just tossing that one out there.
New settings stuff is awesome Smile So much nicer and more intuitive to use; in previous versions I only found the "Now Playing" settings by accident. Smile

Two things I didn't notice settings for (but was able to set in guisettings.xml):

1. Turn animated backgrounds off on Home menu
2. Change weather background to current conditions

Could just be me not looking in the right place.
For #2, just choose multiimage and select the current condition fanart folder. Works fine here. Suppose could be a bit more intuitive, but it's probably this way for consistency across all the custom items. (my guess anyways)
@ Rygrath: Thanks, I was going to try that but decided to just muck with guisettings.xml.

@Phil/BN: Re: lowlist fixes from before, I'm still seeing only 5 items in lowlist for music, TV & Movies are showing 7 items.
Phil,

Regarding the lower menu option. Ran into this when using the featured panel and have something playing in the background. The Now Playing widget is overlapping
(2012-04-11, 02:22)acandido Wrote: @ Rygrath: Thanks, I was going to try that but decided to just muck with guisettings.xml.

@Phil/BN: Re: lowlist fixes from before, I'm still seeing only 5 items in lowlist for music, TV & Movies are showing 7 items.

lowlist for music fixed now.
(2012-04-11, 02:27)Rygrath Wrote: Phil,

Regarding the lower menu option. Ran into this when using the featured panel and have something playing in the background. The Now Playing widget is overlapping

known. thx.
btw, what do you prefer? dots or | ?
I personally like the dots. Looks a lot more classy in my opinion and I unconsciously thought it was easier to read when I first noticed it.
dots, definitely!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07