• 65(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-05-02, 02:54)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 00:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 00:07)mardup Wrote: It is not superfluous !!!
I use it And i like it !

what do you mean? glow mode or daytime coloring?

I like both options - they add a very nice touch. As far as working on a gradient, this reminds me a bit of the PS3 dashboard. Why not pick a set of colors for the seasons or months, then blend them lighter/darker based on the time of day.

with color gradient i mean 24 colors which fit to the corresponding hour...
concerning your proposal.. that would mean too much code i think..
either coloring based on months/seasons or coloring based on hours would be possible without too much code.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
In Kisok Mode (full with Media Menu hidden) I don't see anything that indicates:
  1. a) if a local trailer exists and
  2. b) if it does, how to play it.
Given I have a wife and kids that always seem to "wander" into areas they should not...and then wonder why the view mode gets changedHuh...I need to operate with the tightest lockdown available. And I must admit, not really crazy about the side panel having to open up when not in Kisok mode - to start the Trailer playing.

So given the above - is it possible to have that cool little "Hey, there's a trailer available" Icon show up in the INFO panel? and/or something to indicate that pressing enter (or Select on the remote) will start said trailer - should it exist?

When in full lockdown...pressing UP slides in the INFO panel, and then pressing SELECT/OK/ENTER etc will start a trailer if it exists...or starts the movie when one doesn't. So it's like Google "I'm feeling lucky" sort of Wink ... just discovered that if there's an url scraped for a trailer - pressing SELECT will start that...but given the sluggish internet connection..all I get is the "I'm working" wheel until enough downloads to start...so no idea what's happening for a while.

Not sure how many folks run in full Kiosk mode...but sure saves a load of headaches when I'm traveling...

Seems like the behavior should be consistent and intuitive? Perhaps 1 click UP gets you an INFO screen - and IF a Local Trailer exists - have an icon appear on the INFO screen and then another Click UP -or- pressing SELECT starts the trailer...and if NO trailer - NO trailer icon and therefore clicking UP again doesn't do anything.

And if there's an url saved for an Internet Trailer - perhaps a different "Trailer" icon? That would be cool, but maybe not so much a "must have". I'm sure for most folks on a decent broadband connection, that isn't an issue...and I do have CouchPotato set to get my trailers...and try to backfill manually when it doesn't find one...

Loving this skin though...just set it up on a PC for a very famous designer to be able to watch some movies on the big screen while on vacation at this resort I'm doing some work at...and he liked the look Cool Can't mention names here...privacy issues you know. But he's been in the news a lot this past year..
(2012-05-02, 03:32)puulima Wrote: In Kisok Mode (full with Media Menu hidden) I don't see anything that indicates:
Given I have a wife and kids that always seem to "wander" into areas they should not...and then wonder why the view mode gets changedHuh...I need to operate with the tightest lockdown available. And I must admit, not really crazy about the side panel having to open up when not in Kisok mode - to start the Trailer playing.

So given the above - is it possible to have that cool little "Hey, there's a trailer available" Icon show up in the INFO panel? and/or something to indicate that pressing enter (or Select on the remote) will start said trailer - should it exist?

When in full lockdown...pressing UP slides in the INFO panel, and then pressing SELECT/OK/ENTER etc will start a trailer if it exists...or starts the movie when one doesn't. So it's like Google "I'm feeling lucky" sort of Wink ... just discovered that if there's an url scraped for a trailer - pressing SELECT will start that...but given the sluggish internet connection..all I get is the "I'm working" wheel until enough downloads to start...so no idea what's happening for a while.

Not sure how many folks run in full Kiosk mode...but sure saves a load of headaches when I'm traveling...

Seems like the behavior should be consistent and intuitive? Perhaps 1 click UP gets you an INFO screen - and IF a Local Trailer exists - have an icon appear on the INFO screen and then another Click UP -or- pressing SELECT starts the trailer...and if NO trailer - NO trailer icon and therefore clicking UP again doesn't do anything.

And if there's an url saved for an Internet Trailer - perhaps a different "Trailer" icon? That would be cool, but maybe not so much a "must have". I'm sure for most folks on a decent broadband connection, that isn't an issue...and I do have CouchPotato set to get my trailers...and try to backfill manually when it doesn't find one...

Loving this skin though...just set it up on a PC for a very famous designer to be able to watch some movies on the big screen while on vacation at this resort I'm doing some work at...and he liked the look Cool Can't mention names here...privacy issues you know. But he's been in the news a lot this past year..

the only possibilty i could imagine is to show the tooltip even when full kiosk mode is active and playing the trailer when you would normally focus the media menu. all this invisible button stuff was removed with purpose exactly because of the wife acceptance factor... it is just irritating when you do not have a clearly visible focused item.
would that be an option? why not just pressing "i" and play the trailer from there?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-05-02, 03:38)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 03:32)puulima Wrote: In Kisok Mode (full with Media Menu hidden) I don't see anything that indicates:

the only possibilty i could imagine is to show the tooltip even when full kiosk mode is active and playing the trailer when you would normally focus the media menu. all this invisible button stuff was removed with purpose exactly because of the wife acceptance factor... it is just irritating when you do not have a clearly visible focused item.
would that be an option? why not just pressing "i" and play the trailer from there?

I think so...if I catch your drift...is it easy to configure? The irritation to the wahine & keiki's is not knowing if there is a trailer...right now the trailer tooltip doesn't show if no trailer...that's better than guessing. I'll test it out here if you want to tweak it...
(2012-05-02, 03:45)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 03:38)phil65 Wrote:

I think so...if I catch your drift...is it easy to configure? The irritation to the wahine & keiki's is not knowing if there is a trailer...right now the trailer tooltip doesn't show if no trailer...that's better than guessing. I'll test it out here if you want to tweak it...

adjusted kiosk mode. please report if it suits your needs now.
(2012-05-02, 04:31)phil65 Wrote: adjusted kiosk mode. please report if it suits your needs now.

Hmmm...don't see anything different when the info screen pops up...and now nothing happens when I press SELECT/ENTER after that (when there is an existing trailer). If no Trailer...the Movie starts playing (as it did before).

(2012-05-02, 04:43)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 04:31)phil65 Wrote: adjusted kiosk mode. please report if it suits your needs now.

Hmmm...don't see anything different when the info screen pops up...and now nothing happens when I press SELECT/ENTER after that (when there is an existing trailer). If no Trailer...the Movie starts playing (as it did before).

i didn´t change anything in the info dialog. but you have tooltip for kiosk mode now and the trailer starts when pressing up in showcase view for example.
(2012-05-02, 04:48)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 04:43)puulima Wrote:

i didn´t change anything in the info dialog. but you have tooltip for kiosk mode now and the trailer starts when pressing up in showcase view for example.

I'm using Showcase... I press up, Info dialog slides down... No tooltip though...pressing UP again or SELECT/ENTER just buys me some clicking or swishing sounds. Just updated from GIT (overlay came back)...I'm in full lockdown kiosk mode. What am I missing?
(2012-05-02, 04:58)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 04:48)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 04:43)puulima Wrote: Hmmm...don't see anything different when the info screen pops up...and now nothing happens when I press SELECT/ENTER after that (when there is an existing trailer). If no Trailer...the Movie starts playing (as it did before).

I'm using Showcase... I press up, Info dialog slides down... No tooltip though...pressing UP again or SELECT/ENTER just buys me some clicking or swishing sounds. Just updated from GIT (overlay came back)...I'm in full lockdown kiosk mode. What am I missing?

you missed to change the git branch back to master Wink
(2012-05-02, 05:03)phil65 Wrote: you missed to change the git branch back to master Wink

duh...Big Grin

ok, works like a charm! Lovin it...quick, easy, no messing around...nice. I like how pressing up again makes the info dialog disappear.

For kicks, went into TV Shows and a few minor adjustments:
  1. When you press UP, the info dialog pops up, pressing it again makes it go away again...so cool so far. But if the user presses SELECT/ENTER while the info dialog is up...you just get the swishing. So - since there isn't anything else to do while the TV Show Info is up...might be useful to have it just go into the TV Show if the user presses select/enter while it's up.
  2. When you do go into the TV Show (in full Kiosk mode) - the tooltip rotates to point left (in Episode View at least) - but there's nothing to go to - so the tooltip should probably go away at that point.
And circling back to an old conversation...are you planning to add in code to pull up the Year Icons afterall? Would rather see icons for the year in here instead of this:

Here's what I had snagged to use for the icons:

I have sample icons (year.jpg) in this path: \addons\skin.aeon.nox\extras\year\video\icons

Thoughts?

(2012-05-02, 05:34)puulima Wrote: And circling back to an old conversation...are you planning to add in code to pull up the Year Icons afterall? Would rather see icons for the year in here instead of this:

Here's what I had snagged to use for the icons:

I have sample icons (year.jpg) in this path: \addons\skin.aeon.nox\extras\year\video\icons

Thoughts?

added for infowall for now (use 2012.png etc). link for icons perhaps?
(2012-05-02, 05:21)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 05:03)phil65 Wrote: you missed to change the git branch back to master Wink

duh...Big Grin

ok, works like a charm! Lovin it...quick, easy, no messing around...nice. I like how pressing up again makes the info dialog disappear.

For kicks, went into TV Shows and a few minor adjustments:
  1. When you press UP, the info dialog pops up, pressing it again makes it go away again...so cool so far. But if the user presses SELECT/ENTER while the info dialog is up...you just get the swishing. So - since there isn't anything else to do while the TV Show Info is up...might be useful to have it just go into the TV Show if the user presses select/enter while it's up.
  2. When you do go into the TV Show (in full Kiosk mode) - the tooltip rotates to point left (in Episode View at least) - but there's nothing to go to - so the tooltip should probably go away at that point.

both fixed now.
(2012-05-02, 05:53)phil65 Wrote: added for infowall for now (use 2012.png etc). link for icons perhaps?

Ahh, renamed the file to .png and it shows up now. I also dropped fanart for the years in thinking it would show up in place of the speaker/popcorn box...but that doesn't change - can it be set to show the YEAR FANART file?. The background DOES pickup the Fanart file - although it doesn't show through the panel very well (dark) and I only have a few videos in the test library...so once the wall is full of year icons, won't see the background anyways. Last item in this view for years: the "info unavailable" should probaby go away.

Other view: The icons would work well in the regular WALL view also (might actually be better since only icons show there?).

BTW: Ignore the fact that the icon below says 2010 for 2011...but here's what it's looking like. My makeshift icon is a little pixelated...not sure if that's due to it being shown smaller than it's actual size or beacuse it's a JPG renamed to a PNG? I'll create some actual PNG's tomorrow and test.

The years are from here - they are Background files - I just cropped one down to create a test icon...now that I you set it up to pull them in - I'm going to create a whole collection...I'll post a zip file if anybody is interested.

Link to YEAR Backgrounds I used to make the sample Icon

(2012-05-02, 05:03)phil65 Wrote: both fixed now.

I'll go try it...
Phil - pressing Select/Enter when the info dialog is up does indeed take me right into the show...but it also starts playing the first episode with that one click.
(2012-05-02, 06:26)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-02, 05:53)phil65 Wrote: added for infowall for now (use 2012.png etc). link for icons perhaps?

Ahh, renamed the file to .png and it shows up now. I also dropped fanart for the years in thinking it would show up in place of the speaker/popcorn box...but that doesn't change - can it be set to show the YEAR FANART file?. The background DOES pickup the Fanart file - although it doesn't show through the panel very well (dark) and I only have a few videos in the test library...so once the wall is full of year icons, won't see the background anyways. Last item in this view for years: the "info unavailable" should probaby go away.

Other view: The icons would work well in the regular WALL view also (might actually be better since only icons show there?).

BTW: Ignore the fact that the icon below says 2010 for 2011...but here's what it's looking like. My makeshift icon is a little pixelated...not sure if that's due to it being shown smaller than it's actual size or beacuse it's a JPG renamed to a PNG? I'll create some actual PNG's tomorrow and test.

The years are from here - they are Background files - I just cropped one down to create a test icon...now that I you set it up to pull them in - I'm going to create a whole collection...I'll post a zip file if anybody is interested.

Link to YEAR Backgrounds I used to make the sample Icon

(2012-05-02, 05:03)phil65 Wrote: both fixed now.

I'll go try it...
Phil - pressing Select/Enter when the info dialog is up does indeed take me right into the show...but it also starts playing the first episode with that one click.

better finding some with transparent background perhaps.
Another minor item... when in Genre (Showcase view seems to work best) - pressing UP brings up an empty info dialog window which obscures the fanart. In KIOSK mode, pressing UP again makes it go away - but perhaps it shouldn't pop up at all. When NOT in KIOSK mode, it pops up also, and pressing UP again brings up the side viewmode panel - so not sure how you want to handle the empty info dialog in non-Kiosk mode? Or can you make the info dialog a non item for Genre?

Hope these aren't too picky...just seem like these quirks should go away...as they is no value added by having them popup...

In this pic...the info dialog is up - so no can see the background.

• 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07