get fanart for album grey out...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
liquidskin76 Offline
Skilled Skinner
Hey guys,

In most skins (Confluence, Fusion... and Welo!) the 'get fanart' button is grey out and can't be selected. However in Aeon MQ3 it can. All skins have been checked on the same installation of eden.

I've got to be missing something, however can't see what! Probably obvious! Just in case you want to know, i'd like it enabled!

Cheers Wink

HTPC: Streacom FC8 EVO | Asus H87I-Plus ITX | Intel Core i5-4670T | Kingston HyperX SSD | Kingston DDR3 RAM
Home AV: Sony KDL-40HX723 | Sky+HD | Sony BDP-S480 BD Player | Sony Soundbar | Sony PS3 Slim | Logitech Harmony Touch
(This post was last modified: 2012-04-04 23:22 by liquidskin76.)
find quote
Hitcher Offline
Skilled Skinner
You need to be in Artists not Albums.
find quote
jmarshall Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Does it actually work when you click on it?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

[Image: badge.gif]
find quote
ronie Online
Team-Kodi Member
mq3 doesn't display the actual 'get fanart' button.
it's coded as a list item that sends a click to the hidden 'get fanart' button.

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
liquidskin76 Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2012-04-05 00:02)ronie Wrote:  mq3 doesn't display the actual 'get fanart' button.
it's coded as a list item that sends a click to the hidden 'get fanart' button.

Yeah, i see. It's using 'SendClick(2003,12)'.

Thanks guys.

[edit:] difference being when you get fanart by using the above in album view, it doesn't retrieve info. You have to do it in artist view first. Then when you do it in album view again, you get the full results. Cheers

[edit]: even more bizarrely, the method above is only returning fanart for the most recent artist view scrape, no mater what album you are on!

HTPC: Streacom FC8 EVO | Asus H87I-Plus ITX | Intel Core i5-4670T | Kingston HyperX SSD | Kingston DDR3 RAM
Home AV: Sony KDL-40HX723 | Sky+HD | Sony BDP-S480 BD Player | Sony Soundbar | Sony PS3 Slim | Logitech Harmony Touch
(This post was last modified: 2012-04-05 00:31 by liquidskin76.)
find quote
Jezz_X Offline
Team-XBMC Skinner
because its not suppossed to work in albums Smile the backend code is only for tvshows movies and artists
find quote
liquidskin76 Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2012-04-05 00:32)Jezz_X Wrote:  because its not suppossed to work in albums Smile the backend code is only for tvshows movies and artists

Yep, that's what i guessed!!! Cheers Jezz. Wink

find quote