Prompting for Captcha entry
Hello all, although it's for an addon, it seems more skin related. I'm trying to open a xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog that's basically a keyboard with an image attached to the top. It's opening and accepting input all fine and dandy, but I can't seem to stop XBMC from also interpreting the key presses. For example, when I press the letter s, it shows up in the text control, but the shutdown menu also pops up.

Any ideas?
Why don't you open a keyboard dialog? Just display your image in a WindowXMLDialog with a higher zorder than the keyboard and then open the keyboard for input.
That's sort of what I've been playing around with as a backup plan, but I was hoping this way would work. Since I don't know what the dimensions for any given skin's keyboard are, I'd like to make sure the image isn't covering anything important. If nobody can come up with a solution, I think I'm to just display the captcha image at the very top of the screen and open a keyboard and hope for the best. It's too bad Keyboard doesn't derive from Window or I could just add the image control =(

That does give me a thought though. Probably a better question for the python section, but does anyone know enough about multiple inheritance that I could subclass keyboard and window?
Got it working in a round about way: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1068532

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prompting for Captcha entry0