Xbmc Shutdown
(2012-04-06, 03:02)kricker Wrote: Global is the proper section. I just edited my post above mentioning that. Have you tried it on a basic key without any key mods?

I just found out that XBMC.ShutDown() works, so I will use this. Thanks for your time kricker.

XBMC.Quit is working for me now, I think that I had a wrong setting on my remote registry settings.
I found it works with any one mod added to the key except shift. I used ctrl or alt and it worked. When I added the mod shift the command didn't work.
(2012-04-06, 03:16)kricker Wrote: I found it works with any one mod added to the key except shift. I used ctrl or alt and it worked. When I added the mod shift the command didn't work.

I can confirm that it worked for me with ctrl+shift.

Good. There is a chance I had a conflict with that combo.
i am having trouble with this as well. tried it your way kricker and although it worked it took like 20 seconds to shut down as opposed to alt+f4 which immediately shuts it off. tried editing the keyboard.xml in the global section but haven't had any luck writing the correct way for the alt+f4 combo but am a complete noob at xml so doesn't surprise me. any help would be appreciated. also i should point out i want this specifically for my keyboard as i don't use a remote for xbmc yet. i'd like it to be either f4 or f1 to accomplish the alt+f4 combo. thanks in advance
Alt+f4 is a Windows shortcut to close an application. Using that will close XBMC even if it is in the middle of doing something. You are not going to be able to use that combo within XBMC unless you disable it in Windows somehow.
oh ok well would event ghost or a keymapper of some sort work then? and thanks again
Try pressing "ctrl+end" when at the main menu.
Am using a remote control when using XMBC on my win7 pc with the TRANSPARANCY skin. Would like to just click the circular OFF button in the upper corner of XBMC and cause the application to shut down. No extra selection of quit or anything.

So I need to edit some buried keyboard.xml file to do this?
No, that is a skin specific file you need to edit. Ask the Transparency dev for that. They should be able to point you at the right skin file. Or just dig thru the .xml files in the skin folder, you may be able to figure out which file it is on your own.
Hello!

I'll borrow this thread. Did not find any answers to my problem elswhere.

I had XBMC until today, when I upgraded to Kodi.

On XBMC I had custom keyboard.xml with <F4 mod="alt">XBMC.ShutDown()</F4> defined and working perfectly with my remote.
After updating to Kodi I customized new keyboard.xml with <F4 mod="alt">XBMC.ShutDown()</F4>, command EXITS program instead power down.

Other customized buttons work fine. Just Power button is problem. I tried to set function to some other remote keypress (m) and it did power down computer.

So I guess problem is that alt+F4 works faster than Kodi recognizes it as shut down command? It worked fine before updating so I don't understand where the problem is now. What else could I try?

Thank you for your help.

p.s.: I want power button to shut down and power up my computer, so any suggestions about remaping remote are not a solution. Only alt+F4 powers up my IR. And will not use other button to shut down. If we don't find the problem I will just downgrade and use XBMC again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc Shutdown0