XviD/Avi Playback issues Please Help !!
Exclamation 
Hi,
i am having issues with ALL xvid / avi files only (SD are ok, H264 Perfect) when playing any xvid / avi file the picture quality resembles a CAMish, also notice Blocky Pixelations (if that's the correct term) i have two main PC's and one ZboX ion 2, only on one of my main pc's (my older kick around one) lord knows how many diff codes and tweaks i have loaded on there that still remain, but this one will actually play the xvid / avi's pretty close to perfect, Sharp, Clear (almost better then dvd, as most avi's are) in xbmc and in media player, but i have struggled to CC the results on both other machines.
the exact poor CAMish Blocky quality is produced on the Zbox with Openelec installed aswell

one diff is that my older PC is connected through DVi with a smaller (fatter looking) resolution to fill the "windows desktop" screen and the other 2 are HDMI ,

main reason i would like to keep my avi's as an optional play back is because i have 4000 and replacing them ALL is impossible.

Please any thoughts and help would be deeply appreciated

P.S. these result happen on veracious builds and version of xbmc
Any ideas ?

Thanx
I couldn't follow what machine works and what doesn't. Some specs would help too.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-07, 00:56)DDDamian Wrote: I couldn't follow what machine works and what doesn't. Some specs would help too.

lol, i prob got lost myself typing it

'main PC (Old Kick around)' specs is :
4 gig, 32-bit, AMD Athlon 64 x2 D core 4000, ATI FireGL V7700

zbox : http://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-id41-plus.html

ZOTAC ZBOX ID41 PLUS 4 gig was running openelec

2nd PC : 16 gig ram, 64-bit, Intel Core i5-2500k, win 7, NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

ALRIGHT, so i did figure out what the problem/ difference between the two are, and it all boiled down to the windows screen resolution.
when set windows to a high deff res ( will insert actual resolution later) my avi's look very block/ pix-ally , but when i lower the res to ( will insert actual resolution later) avis look perfect,
so now i need to figure out how to make all these work together with xbmc for my blurays, dvds, and my avis.

any thoughts or ideas that will help ?

please

thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XviD/Avi Playback issues Please Help !!0