Win Multiple Movie Lists / Menus
Hello all. I have been running WMP for about a year and was tired of the MS look of it all. I have always avoided XBMC because I am not a programmer and really wanted an easy solution. After trying it for a week I am very mad at myself for not trying earlier. Thanks to all for a great product and of course, support.

I have several movies and I would like them placed into catagories for easier browsing. Currently all of the movies (theatrical) are on the same list as all of my 4 year olds movies. I dont like sorting through 20 "Barney" movies and the hundreds of others to watch a movie. Also when finding a movie for my 4 year old to watch I would rather not have him see the cover art for "Jackass". Is there a way to have sub-menus under "Movies"? Ideally I would like to have 2 (or 3) main catagories, like "Kids Movies" and "movies" on the main menu bar.

I know this is a simple question and sure to have been asked 1000 times, but browsing the forum produced no usable results.. Thank you all for the help
The easiest method is to use profiles. Seperate his movies into a seperate source folder. Make a seperate profile for the kiddo. Then just add that source for him and not the source with movies you do not want him to have access to.

Wihout some skin editing, there isn't a way so have the separte movie categories on the main menu. Unless one of the addon skins has a mod for it. You can kind of do it using genres. I use this to quickly jump to family or animated movies for my son.
You can probably use smart playlists for this. And if you use a skin that you can edit the menu you can add an entry for your playlist fairly easily.

That is another good option. Liquidtouch, do you know of a skin that does that easily?

You may be able to add the smart playlist as a favorite as well. These are quickly accessed from the home screnn.
Aeon nox does it. That's what I am using now.
Back Row also does it

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Thanks for the replies. Back Row seems to be the skin for me, It looks like I can have seperate folders/sources for "TV" "Video" "Movies" which should fit my needs if I put kids shows under video catagory.. I dont see how to add a gatagory however or even change the name of a catagory. If anyone can tell me I would apreciate it, Im pretty noobish with the XBMC
(2012-04-07, 17:07)saitoh183 Wrote: Back Row also does it

Neon also does it.

(2012-04-09, 18:28)abailey Wrote: Thanks for the replies. Back Row seems to be the skin for me, It looks like I can have seperate folders/sources for "TV" "Video" "Movies" which should fit my needs if I put kids shows under video catagory.. I dont see how to add a gatagory however or even change the name of a catagory. If anyone can tell me I would apreciate it, Im pretty noobish with the XBMC

I've never used back row, but generally you set up the custom playlists and then you go into settings, skin, custom home and then set up custom shortcuts to each playlist and call them what ever you want.

I have Kids Movies, Chick Flicks (for the wife), Sports, Home Movies all set up as custom menu items.

Once you've done 1, the others are easy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Movie Lists / Menus0