Remoting to XBMCBuntu
Has anyone been able to successfully do this?

I've come so close using xrdp and unity-2d but I only either get a grey screen with nothing on or just some blue ubuntu desktop that doesn't allow me to use file manager at all.

If anyone can point me the right direction that'd be great Smile

Cheers.
I strongly recommend nxserver. It gives the best out of the box, no manual init expereince so far.
I am pressed for time but if you search on this and my name you should find my doc (in the forum) on how to install it.
If you search for randystech.com or something like that there's a script that does all of this for you
I've gotten x11vnc to work well; it has to be run as root. I use the command x11vnc -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -forever.
Hey inmsweantitrust, How did you get it too run during startup? i added that line too /etc/xbmc/live.d/11-x11vnc.sh without success... if i ssh manully it works fine but never works during start up..... I have had this working many times before but i cant for the life off me remember what i did :/
(2012-07-26, 01:14)edhen Wrote: Hey inmsweantitrust, How did you get it too run during startup? i added that line too /etc/xbmc/live.d/11-x11vnc.sh without success... if i ssh manully it works fine but never works during start up..... I have had this working many times before but i cant for the life off me remember what i did :/

I created a new script in /etc/init.d/ then did sudo update-rc.d <script>

Hope this helps Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remoting to XBMCBuntu0